Any word on DCX2496 availability?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In stock form, they are definitely not very good sounding, but they do some particular things very well. With lots of work, they can be excellent performers.

I am likely selling my two units. One is basically in the box, used a few times, bought it a few months ago from a forum member. I've never even taken it out of the box. My modded one, there are a few prop. things I have to remove, and I can sell it as a 'functioning' partially modded unit.

Then it's off to DEQX modification land for me. I bought the Beheringers to see if this Digital crossover stuff is worth the effort, and it is.

But if availability IS going to be there, and Behringer is not going to drop the frikin' ball for like a seeming 12-16 months again, then I might keep them. Might seem like a weird way of looking at it, but I have my reasons. ;)

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: DCX vs. DEQ

auplater said:
ShinOBIWAN said:

I bought a DCX and then flogged it on after 2 weeks. Nice stuff for the price but I found it lacking and unsuitable for long term satisfaction.

Shin...

What did you find lacking re: the DCX... for xover work.

I'm looking at changing to active xover / and/or DEQ if apprpriate for my RD75 dipoles.. but from your posts I think the DCX may be unnecessary but the DEQ might help more with room modes / etc.

thanx

auplater

Sorry for the late reply.

My main problem was the cold nature of the sound, it sounded processed rather than natural. I found it to be more synthesised than reality.

It also has a number of annoying issue's:

Hugh power on pop that is a potential tweeter killer.

No 6 channel analogue volume control, meaning you have to resort to more expense if you want the best SNR and avoid digital bit loss and rounding errors out of the unit.

Very poor PC software that relies on the antiquated RS-232 interface - where's the USB???

Silly digital input scheme.

For the money its excellent, in the grand scheme of things its average.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.