Any word on DCX2496 availability? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2006, 11:10 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Any word on DCX2496 availability?

I've been dying to get another one for the last 6 months. How much longer must we wait?
Old 5th July 2006, 11:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default You lucky b+++++d! (C) Monty Python

I wish I had been waiting 6 months! Mine was bought late August 2005, went wrong early September, went back to Behringer for repair, couldn't be repaired so was credited for it, been wating for a replacement ever since! Phew!
I wish my customers were as easy going as I have to be! Getting upset won't do any good if there are none available!
Just gotta wait.
And wait.
And wait....
One day my dipoles may get finished, or I may make my AE1s active, or, or, or...
You get the picture.
Old 5th July 2006, 11:43 PM   #3
MJK is offline MJK  United States
Account disabled at member's request

Have you considered a dBx Driverack PA? I got a brand new one with a mic off E-Bay at a very reasonable price. Most of the same features as the Behringer and a room EQ function. Works well in my system.

Lowther OB Speaker System
Old 6th July 2006, 01:13 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Problem is, the dBx Driverack is much more than twice the price of the Behringer in the UK, and I've already got a DEQ2496 EQ.
Old 6th July 2006, 01:15 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

The DCX is back in stock at most places in the UK now, here's one such example:

http://www.bluearan.co.uk/menu/index.php?id=BEHDCX2496
Old 6th July 2006, 02:24 AM   #6
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Finally!!! yea!

Any idea if there have been any changes or updates? I've got two of them, and am looking to play with more.

(Shin: I said , IMHO, not ready for 'highest end' primetime, but I never said it's not worth looking at or experimenting with. May as well be fully knowledgable when it finally arrives. Be there, or be square. Next purchase : DEQX)

And outside of the DEQX, to my general recollection, the only unit that does 24/96 I/O for analog, is the DCX2496.. I think. Unless you want to pay exorborant amounts of $$$. I spnet weeks finding that out and tracking down distributors, manufacturers, etc, asking direct questions, etc. Most hardware out there won't support the data rates.

I've been waiting for them to get back out there, for over a year now, at least.
Old 6th July 2006, 02:45 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KBK
Finally!!! yea!

I bought a DCX and then flogged it on after 2 weeks. Nice stuff for the price but I found it lacking and unsuitable for long term satisfaction.

I did use the PC with assorted Waves plugins to achieve filtering and DRC but swapped out to a DEQX a few months back, mainly due to compatibility issues with the PC. I have to say that the DEQX is a very nice bit of kit, sounds fantastic and really does allow you to tweak the last drop out of your speakers with a fairly comprehensive set of measurement facilities, my speakers measure almost as well as some amps in the time and frequency domain and thats in room. Square wave looks particularly impressive considering its comming from a multiway speaker.

Overkill Audio in the UK are doing a heavily modded DEQX with I2S transport, outboard and high end DAC's and a completely redone PSU.
Old 6th July 2006, 04:12 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Sorry to barge in, but in what configuration can the Behringer DEQ2496 be used as and active crossover in a two-way system?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 6th July 2006, 05:46 AM   #9
sqlkev is offline sqlkev  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by courage
Sorry to barge in, but in what configuration can the Behringer DEQ2496 be used as and active crossover in a two-way system?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The deq2496 is a digital EQ, the dcx2496 is an active crossover piece.
If you're wondering about how to set up a 2 way system, any output on the dcx can do bandpass from 20hz - 20khz.

I want another dcx too. Thinking of going active 4 way.
Old 6th July 2006, 04:24 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Its true... The DCXs are supposed to be in the US around the first of August...

Time to dust off the DCX group buy again

--Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!