tda1541 decoupling caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Team I am building a non sampling da converter using two tda1541 si chips
This design is based on the leshsa dac off the net .
I am looking for .47-1uf polyproperlene 50volt .They need two be real small as I am using a circuit board and things are tight, has any one got a good source

I have built nos dac with single 1541. Did many experiments with these caps and can say 0.1uF polypropylene is enough for all pins except the two MSB pins, where I finally settled on 2uF MKT. Also there is no benefit (in my case) going above the 2.2uF here. These 2 pins have huge impact on the sound unlike the others (though they also have). So I advise not to stick on particular type/value and order more at once.

Don't know if for twin dac would be the same, though.

Hi,

Can anyone explain how to choose the 'correct' value for the decoupling caps and what effect this has on the sound.

Schematics I've seen

1) 100nF on each pin (from the datasheet)
2) 4.7uF tant on the two most significant bits on each side (13,12,18,19) and then 220nF on the remaining 10 pins
3) film caps (unknown value) on all 14 pins with an additional Oscon (unknown value) on each of the two MSB pins.

Any thoughts or comments ?

Cheers,

Jon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.