Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A

If you have a Baron V5, it's feasible. (uf-l plugs and simultaneous mode switching on the board)

The Audial board may have less jitter than the Wave I/O, but mainly Simultaneous mode gives a different sound presentation.

No one has listened to it, it is not in production yet (just ordering phase). If you had highly tweaked the buffer stage of your dac, job will have to be tuned again as the tonal balance may change because the different front end.

Last edited:
The Audial board may have less jitter than the Wave I/O, but mainly Simultaneous mode gives a different sound presentation. No one has listened to it, it is not in production yet (just ordering phase). If you had highly tweaked the buffer stage of your dac, job will have to be tuned again as the tonal balance may change because the different front end.

Thank you for responding. Mr. Rogics board seems to be the easiest solution for trying this "simultaneous" stuff with the components I already have.

Guys, -EC- promised us simultaneous entertainment for this year, so no need to pollute.

I'm looking forward to this as well, and I will probably buy it if and when it becomes available. But I wouldn't call my question "pollution". No need for that.

Been reading on & off EC's thread from day one. John is incredibly knowlegable as well as brilliant but I do fear though if commercial sucess will follow ? I mean that there's so many variations
on his dac designs which not only supercedes
but also makes the last redundant. Would not
be music for customers who have bought from
John I believe

Cheers

Been reading on & off EC's thread from day one. John is incredibly knowlegable as well as brilliant but I do fear though if commercial sucess will follow ? I mean that there's so many variations
on his dac designs which not only supercedes
but also makes the last redundant. Would not
be music for customers who have bought from
John I believe

Cheers

Yeah, a Tesla case...

But this hobby is about satisfaction: if you are satisfied with your setup you might (or might not) stick with it...
Nah... we are not reasonable people; we will probably always want more, to push the limits...
That's how human kind as ascended for the last 100K years (or more), so I assume intelligent people such as those who follow this forum understand the journey we are all in, and the "risks" involved. In return, we learn like mad :eek:

Cheers,
M.

I'm agree with both of you Max & Sumotan :)

I know Sumotan to be a very exigeant guy when it comes to reproduce music as human voices and acoustical instruments as he knows I am as well with Jazz, classic and popular acoustical world music... In fact we are all more or less in the same case.

Max, We have just found Homo Sapians traces which are - 300 000 years in Maroc... so even more you think !

And I bet you many discovers cames from out of topics things since this date. Here is one of the most sympathetic thread because John is as well brillant as gentleman. I'm a little sad he stopped TDA1541A products development ! At least we learnt a lot and it was as cool as even you could talk about your TDA1543 (OT ?!), some others their boards, TDA1540, etc : very open bar : it's good ! Let stop with two cents moral... I was the first to read you about your tweaks.

But if this thread is just now to advertise of the product to come, so it changed and becomes and advertising editory... so should be moved in the Vendor thread !

If not, let continue to be open and not talking about pollution. I don't think the asking of the guy about his Baron board and simultaneous from Pedja Rogic was against John. John is very open. And at least said he would launch a diy TDA1541 board if he has time... But I'm sure as he is exigeant with himself, he is certainly full time on the development of his new board... which are sold at not exotic price...

So the title of the thread remains : "Best TDA 1541 NOS DAC etc..."

It's not about kind words, it seems just the Truth to me : you, John, Max seem to be on the same Demning Wheel dynamic. I just think John is working more than he talks and that's why you have more versions of the DAC than one wisch. Just I whisch Max jump from the TDA1543 Wheel to the TDA1541A one :D

For me the alpha to omega product just goes from the mouth to the a.. like they advert... Reference DAC BS ! Here it seems more about not just marketing but sharing knowledge, and we know sharing knowledge is creating global valor at the opposite as just polluting in your corner : you might create global warming instead !

Indeed here I pollute, very OT, sorry for that, but I read so much BS and two cents moral everywhere on this forum as I prefer to write it, and it's ok to me if one disagree:p : Are you at Disneyland or at DIYAUDIO (and we all know Disney foundor was a b....d in real life)

Last edited:
Well there is more elegant, this is true... I don't think they are concurent here, too low money involved. Here they help DIY comunauty because they were themselves before and it is against a little buzz which is a win/win : Nothing bad imho ! But yes I think it would have deserved its own thread !

But some have advertited their own GB for tda1541A boards here with bad designs mixing ideas of John, Thorsten, Rogic, etc... without any complaints : these guys are above of that I believe as far people respect their intelectual property... Thisis what we do here !

Well, did you buy from John a TDA1541A Taiwan 98 for your future DIYs ?

Look what I've found. The crown lover will like this - TDA1541A-S7. It has 7 crowns!!! This is just hilarious.

tda1541-s7.jpg