Building the ultimate NOS DAC using TDA1541A

Hello Ceglar.

I don't know if you still read this thread, but if you do (or somebody else knows) - what is the purpose of the 56uF capacitor over the I/V resistor in your schematic?

Vidar

Hi Vidar

This value is actually 56nF from what i can make sense of. 56uF is totally way too high a value to have any practical purpose in this position.

As many of you are probably aware, this cap limits bandwidth into the output stage by providing a low impedance to ground for the fast transient of the square wave coming out of the DAC.

right, it is MELF /at least two of them/but 6k6 even thou :mad:

Attachments

• PYGGY 1.JPG
    PYGGY 1.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 841
  • 6K8 resistors.JPG
    6K8 resistors.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 821
Hi Vidar

This value is actually 56nF from what i can make sense of. 56uF is totally way too high a value to have any practical purpose in this position.

As many of you are probably aware, this cap limits bandwidth into the output stage by providing a low impedance to ground for the fast transient of the square wave coming out of the DAC.

I wasn't aware. Thank you for that.

Hello Ceglar.

I don't know if you still read this thread, but if you do (or somebody else knows) - what is the purpose of the 56uF capacitor over the I/V resistor in your schematic?

Vidar

Hi Vidar,

56nF//R forms low pass filter.. at higher frequencies the cap represents the lowest impedance path to/from signal common whilst the resistor has a fixed impedance (within reason).

Shane.

Did you check the waveform with a scope? I don't doubt that 10K works too...

I remember once asking the question how the 6K8 was determined, but unfortunately I got no answer... Your post is a bit of an answer to that question.;)
The waveform is the same as John's in post #5060. My DEM capacitor is 510 pF, the frequency is 172 kHz. My goal was to achive auto-lock to 4x sample frequency, but it did not occur.