Zhaolu DAC - a good value DAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This post is non-DIY in nature.

There is a nicely designed DAC that retails for US$100 and it looks well-made in the picture. I have read that the DAC daughterboard is swappable and it allows one to swap between daughterboards based on either AD1852, CS4398 and PCM1794 dac chips.

Good value for your money IMHO.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

In the past 2 years, we have seen quite a number of economical Chinese-made audio components in the hifi market. Hope to see more of such products in the future

Hey Elso, good luck with the reading of the 100 pages.

Well, I am ordering mine from Eddie next week.

The DAC module appears to have reclocking. The frequency is 49.152Mhz. Isn't this a bit high?

I see what that appears to be opamps near the voltage regulators. Could this be a variant of the super regulation design?

The 1.3 sounded extremely good.My highly modded 2.0 should ship out monday.

A friend of mine turned me onto the dac.At that time no one had hardly heard of the dac.So i gather i was the second person in the usa to recieve one.I started this thread----
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=139545

When i first heard the dac i new this was a winner.Eddie wu in china is the Distributor and does very good mods on the unit.

The 2.0 i will be recieving soon has new special mods done .I will have to liston for myself and see how the new mods sound.

You just can't beat the price on this dac and eddies mods are another steal for the money.

Dennis Hui said:

Which version did you get? Did you get the Blackgate upgrade
as well? Thanks,

The Zhaolu D-2.0 CS4938 BlackGate Upgrade. I went to audition 3 versions of the 2.0 at Eddie's store and picked up this one. You will be very surprised when taking it to compare with top-notch brand-name CD players.

The Zhaolu wins hands down. :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.