DCX2496 ch6 noise issue
I get lots of noise coming from the ch6 on my dcx. Does anyone else experience anything similar?
My DCX has noise gremlins too. It's an older one and some
folks have reported this problem. First I just opened up the unit
to check ribbon cables to ensure they are seated, placed the cover
on and it works for a month. I did it again and I reseated the cables,
and it works for 6 months. Recently, the noise came back and I went
deeper into the troubleshooting. I don't know the root cause, but I
decided to take out the XLR printed circuit and I cut the dangling leads
on the solder side of the PCB wondering if those leads may be
touching the chassis. Then I placed some electrical tape on the
chassis to ensure there is no electrical shorts to chassis when
I installed the XLR printed circuit board back. DCX
works again, but we shall see if the problem manifests.
If you are electronically skilled, this problem isn't as annoying
and you can make the unit work fine by using this tool -> :smash:
.. but many folks electronically challenged might find this annoying.
Bottom line, for DIY and home use the gremlin doesn't bother me.
If I were using this in a live performance, mission critical, I would not
use the Behringer products :dead: ;)
One of my dcx's did exactly the same after about a year of use. I did the same as Thylantyr and its been fine ever since.
Update: The noise gremlins came back after I did the recent
'mod'. I've never been able to pinpoint the problem 100%
but this time I figured out for sure what is causing it. While
the DCX is still turned on and playing music, I removed the
covered and used my finger and poked around inside and
when I touched the ribbon cable the noise was reacting
when the cable was pushed. This is the cable from XLR board
to main board. Most likely it needs to be replaced or crimped
better. I think the joint from the metal pin on the connector to
ribbon wire is not good so I pressed hard on it and the noise is
gone. It may come back, but a cable replacement might be ideal.
I had this problem repeatedly with my DCX2496 12-18 months ago. I kept reseating the connectors, but the problem kept returning more and more often. I finally sent it back for service and, though they wouldn't tell me what they did, I could see that they replaced the output board.
Mine was out of warranty and they didn't charge for the service, so no complaints about Behringer's customer service.
electronics. Instead of locating the problem they just
do board swapping. // lol // I bet when they swapped
boards, they swapped cables unbeknownst to them it could
have just been a poorly construction ribbon cable. // evil //
Time to get the hammer and recrimp the cable :devilr: :dead:
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio