Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2009, 10:14 AM   #431
muz640 is offline muz640  Australia - Aboriginal
diyAudio Member

Hi Simon, no im outputting 44.1( the light on the front of the dac lights up) ive the ASIO4 all thing.

When i use the PC its only has a USB out no SPDIF or toslink output, really im not comparing SPDIF to USB, just the built in USB in the dacmagic to the Teralink X USB converter feeding the dacmagic via SPDIF or toslink.

Using the teralink X converter with the PC USB output is an improvement over using the USB from the PC strait to the Dacmagic USB (does any of this make any sense, lol!)

Like you say the best way is via toslink from my mac strait into the Dacmagic, it seems to give a slightly more open sound, more relaxed less grunge. Thats with Mac outputting 16bits 44.1, ive not tried changing the MIDI in the Mac to output 96/24 bits into the dacmagic yet, and im wondering what difference this will make.

How do you find the Dacmagic in comparison to your 840? is it better your using the Macbook as a transport? have you tried the Macbook feeding the dacs with different sampling rates?

Regards Jon
Old 17th July 2009, 03:41 PM   #432
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 17th July 2009, 03:43 PM   #433
diyAudio Member

I bet he's replaced the DAC in that thing!
Old 17th July 2009, 09:13 PM   #434
dowayo is offline dowayo  Spain
diyAudio Member

Question HIM?????????????

Is this THE MAN himself? What is he doing in a wedding celebration somewhere in the countryside in the sixties (or seventies)?????
Somebody help me. Is Roland marketing the new DaCapo???????????????????????????????????????????? ????
Old 17th July 2009, 09:26 PM   #435
dowayo is offline dowayo  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default happy customers

The new DaCapo makes everybody dance...............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg john westlake 3a.jpg (93.2 KB, 322 views)
Old 19th July 2009, 09:08 AM   #436
JohnW is offline JohnW  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Default Well you made be laugh :)

You have to be joking well thanks for making me laugh - I can assure you that the "Gentleman" in the picture is not me!!!

For a start he has a better haircut - and thats no joke these days!!!

Well - I've been REALLY busy - and in a few months (yes I know you have all heard this before) - you will be able to buy a DAC designed by Domonik.P and myself - under the Brand of Axxxxxxb.

Electronically, it’s based upon the same design as for my own brand - which I just have not had the time to get moving (although I keep spending more monies on toolings etc).

Can't say much ATM - once it’s on the market I can fill you in more - and give you all the juicy details.

RRP should be GBP399 - and it’s a Dacapo beater,

JohnW
Old 19th July 2009, 01:08 PM   #437
Studley is offline Studley  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

John
is it better than the ESS Sabre DAC that we know you are familiar with?

PS. You think that's a good haircut! Stick with what you know John
Old 19th July 2009, 04:09 PM   #438
diyAudio Member

Any news on a transport John? My Discmagic is starting to act up again. I'm hoping to replace rather than repair.
Old 19th July 2009, 04:26 PM   #439
JohnW is offline JohnW  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear about your CD transport - What DAC do you use it with? - I'm guessing IsoMagic?

As I Email this, I'm just building up a CD player for the same company as the DAC - that also has digital inputs. While it has Digital Output (but no Clock Lock), the players internal DAC's are much better then the IsoMagic (which is still one of my own personal favourites).

There will be a transport for the DAC (the DAC also has Clock Lock Feature), but no time scales yet – early next year at a guess.

If you want to replace your IsoMagic / DiscMagic I recommend the coming CD player which can also function as a DAC.

Its not to hard to modify most CD player to accept an external Clock – so you can still Clock Lock your IsoMagic – do you have a donor CD player? I can maybe draw you a circuit if I can find enough data on the CD player.

John
Old 19th July 2009, 05:46 PM   #440
diyAudio Member

I for one am glad to see youve stopped touring with your organ, as much as them tea dances and old peoples homes must have been exciting (not to mention the groupies) I think your better at designing electronics!

Good to know your busy, i still hold out hope that youll bring out your own dac with the feature set of a Benchmark Dac1 (only better performing!)

Im guessing then if its under manufacturer A* it wont be balanced or have a preamp or headphone amp?

Best, Jon

Hide this!Advertise here!