Da-capo issue (John W?) - Page 42 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd February 2009, 10:55 AM   #411
Jagtar is offline Jagtar  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by biovizier
Hi,

I have the dacapo II. I may sell at some point in the future. However they are ultra rare, I beleive less than 10 were ever made and the sound is far better than the original dacapo dc 24 bit I had before, so the price would be high.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick

Thanks, I will be interested in the DaCapo 11 if you are selling it sometime in the future.

I am just so tired of trying unsuccessfully to get my PT Ordinal laser repaired or replaced and my PT DaCapo Mk1 repaired with 1 channel down. I have no idea as to when John Westlake will be releasing and selling the new DaCapo etc but I really could do with something that works sooner.

I have a wonderful Voyd 0.5 turntable I was going to set up with a good tonearm and MC cartridge but had to stop because my son has been diagnosed with Autism. I think it may be too risky in case he has 1 big tantrum too many etc and damage the catridge or tonearm.

This is why I think a decent analogue sounding CD player will be more practical particularly placed high up on a wall shelf. So please do let me know as it will match mt Pink Triangle Integral amplifier which has combined functions on the remote for both items. The Integral amp is wonderful sounding and certainly sounds much more musical and 3 dimensional than the Naim 135's and NAC 52 etc I used to have.

Cheers
Jagtar
Old 5th March 2009, 01:55 PM   #412
diyAudio Member

I currently have an ordinal dac with the 1307 filter. I find the sound a bit "shut in" but I love it's non tiring qualities. Does anybody have a spare 22-bit, 24-bit, or HDCD filter they want to sell/trade?

James
Old 9th March 2009, 10:03 AM   #413
mr-mac is offline mr-mac  Scotland
diyAudio Member

John W,

Sent you an email through this site. just wanted to check if it got to you.

Cheers

John
Old 12th March 2009, 02:03 PM   #414
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to NellyJamba
Hi, I am a newbie here. So glad I found people who like myself, love the Da Capo Dac. Some may disagree, to me, it is the closest a CD sounded like vinyl with the warmth and smoothness. I hope I haven't offended anyone with this statement.

My dac hasn't been used for a number of years now so naturally something wasn't right. If any forumners know of how to contact John W, I would really really appreciate that you can pass me his contacts. Thanks in advance!

In the meantime, enjoy the Da Capo, the best there is and the best there ever will be.

Cheers,
Nelly from Oz
Old 20th March 2009, 10:18 AM   #415
loris.p is offline loris.p  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default new dac

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnW

But on the more positive note we have just issued to production the "Mini DAC" which will proceed the Gen 2 Dacapo - while its not as advance as the Dacapo - it will still be one of the VERY best DAC's at any price - easily out performing the original Dacapo.

USB to 96 KHz / 24Bits

SPDIF to 192 KHz via Optical, Coax or AES.

Balanced and Singled- Ended outputs

27 regulated supplies

Discrete Class A outputs

HQ Discrete Headphone output

Very Low Phase Noise Master clock

Organic Low ESR capacitors

Remote Control & LCD display

4 layer PCB

I really believe that the DAC will be ground breaking nothing will compete anywhere near its price point I was recently challenged by another manufacturer in a different forum and I guess this will be my response unfortunately I guess he never got to see the GBP129 DacMagic - mark my words, this will be double in price - but in a completely different performance league...

More information and pictures once the first units arrive from production.

JohnW
Is there any new about this?

Old 20th March 2009, 10:31 AM   #416
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
Come on John this vapourware is killing us...
Old 2nd April 2009, 07:57 PM   #417
Evilbat is offline Evilbat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have an Ordinal, of which I have had many years of excellent service, but always wanted to upgrade the filter module. It currently has the 18 bit module with SAA7350 & YM3414 chipsets, but would like something better. Any news on replacement filter modules from John yet ?

Also, going back to the capacitor issue, mine were replaced very early into ownership with 105C temperature rated versions under warranty.
Old 8th April 2009, 09:22 PM   #418
diyAudio Member

Default the new MEPHISTO ?

Hi John W,
you can't call your new project MEPHISTO....
it already exists....
http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/mephisto_e.html

Loris
Old 11th April 2009, 01:30 PM   #419
diyAudio Member

Default Mephisto

..... even if it's now discontinued.....
http://www.audiomeca-hifi.com/page3.html
Old 15th April 2009, 12:33 PM   #420
mr-mac is offline mr-mac  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Anyone got or able to get a picture of the PSU card for the DC PSU that goes inside the da-capo.

Particularly interested in where the connectors that connect it to da-capo mainboard are soldered onto the PSU card (both sides).

Thanks Kindly

John

Hide this!Advertise here!