Da-capo issue (John W?)

Hi Moog,

:(

Well very little happen while I was in Europe - in fact I would say nothing happened on the electronics front (apart from Dominik completing the software - I'm sure marketing well have there own take on the UI, adding further delays).

Very disappointed - It seems that I have to do everything, or at least watch over and push... Welcome back to my daily routine...

Attached is a sneak preview of the units, the “completed” 8200CD is deliberately “Dark” to obscure details until fully launched.

The PCB is the 8200CDQ, if you compare to the 8200CD (in built up unit) you can see the Extra Line Level Pre-Amplifier stage (Top left section of PCB).

The CDQ has over 40 Regulated supplies, over 250,000uF of Bulk supply Decoupling…. Balanced Class A FET buffers… Etc, that’s why I say don’t spend too much to get the older Dacapo’s working…

John

Attachments

• CDQsmall.jpg
    CDQsmall.jpg
    870.9 KB · Views: 654
  • CDsmall.jpg
    CDsmall.jpg
    855.8 KB · Views: 653
Its alive! Well its good to see the internals, I got very disappointed when you said they were releasing the CD Players first before the MDAC.

I think SQ made a good point they should realise all versions, not just cater to the traditional HiFi markets, lots of people are moving to computer audio, by realising the MDAC it might give Audiolab a new lease of life and attract many new customers who never considered the brand, which gives them a platform to produce new equipment.

I take it they must be making new balanced poweramps as well?

Its also left me wondering how much better the MDAC will be than the new Dacmagic (the MDAC obviously trumps in the functionality stakes for a start).

The other thing i was wondering is it possible to have both the XLR output running at the same time on the MDAC?

Last edited:
DaCapo again....

Hi John,
I'm still checking and checking and checking.....
Now, I can only use inputs 1 and 4 because ( seems that ) button 2 and 3 don't work. I guess the fault can be inside the front input board because the noise is not always present, sometimes it works.
Coud I remove the connector between this board and the main board and close the pins that choose an imput? I mean: there is a 10 double pins female connector on the main board. Which are the pins to connect for having the dacapo on and one dic working?
Thanx
Loris

Hi Loris,

Input noise still there does not sound good!! - the front panel selecor issue sounds like a dry joint or poor connection.

If you have a scope, the lower of the 3 PCB traces that run on the top side of the PCB between the Tin screening "Can" around the discrete DAC, and the Digital filter module, should be a low jitter clock at 16.9344MHz - Worth checking.

The two other lines above are PLM Data L / R

MUZ640,

Not sure what you mean by "have both the XLR output running at the same time on the MDAC", One XLR is for left channel, the other fo the Right channel. The Single-ended RCA outputs are wired in Parallel with the +Phase on the XLR's.

John

DaCapo

....strange things happen....
John,
when you have the time take a look at this vedeo.
The noise is always there, but when I lower the board, ( I don't touch the metal case with the board ) the output shuts off and the on led turns off. I tryed to twist and move in every way the ribbon but this only happend in the way I showed.
Outside the case all the switches work fine.
Inside the case they don't. :rolleyes:

YouTube - dacapo input board

Hi John,

just wanted to let you know that i (and i'm sure many others) still watch this thread with eager anticipation of news on your Audiolab branded products and hopefully yours and Dominiks original DAC. I'm sure you are really under it at the moment, but please stay in touch with any news.

All the best
Steve.

Hi John,

just wanted to let you know that i (and i'm sure many others) still watch this thread with eager anticipation of news on your Audiolab branded products and hopefully yours and Dominiks original DAC. I'm sure you are really under it at the moment, but please stay in touch with any news.

All the best
Steve.

I have emailed Audiolab twice asking for more information about release dates and heard nothing back.