diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Line Level (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/)
-   -   DBX Driverack PA vs. Behringer DCX2496 ? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/69768-dbx-driverack-pa-vs-behringer-dcx2496.html)

Steve M 15th December 2005 01:08 AM

DBX Driverack PA vs. Behringer DCX2496 ?

2 Attachment(s)
This question has probably been asked before, but which unit is better a DBX-PA or the DCX2496 for someone just starting to delve into active crossovers ?

I am very close to buying either one of these active crossover/EQ units to use with my quad-amped Edgar Horns + Raven R-2 ribbons or my ER Audio ESL-3 electrostats + Focal 11K7511 subs(hyper detailed set-up).

I'm aware that the DCX2496 provides slopes up to 48dB, whereas the DBX only to 24dB. Also, that the DCX2496 is cheaper (an advantage), but that the DBX may be more transparent and gets out of the way of the signal better. The auto EQ room correction function on the DBX sounds attractive too.

Furthermore, are the more expensive DBX units the 260/48x/480/482 worth the extra $$$$ ? I am looking for long term satisfaction, so may spend the extra dollars.

Sorry to ask so many questions ...

Regards,

Steve M.

noah katz 15th December 2005 08:29 PM

I don't know how many ins/outs the Driverack has, but anice thing about the DCX2496 is that it has 3 ins/6 outs.

sdclc126 15th December 2005 09:17 PM

Re: DBX Driverack PA vs. Behringer DCX2496 ?

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve M
This question has probably been asked before, but which unit is better a DBX-PA or the DCX2496 for someone just starting to delve into active crossovers ?

I am very close to buying either one of these active crossover/EQ units to use with my quad-amped Edgar Horns + Raven R-2 ribbons or my ER Audio ESL-3 electrostats + Focal 11K7511 subs(hyper detailed set-up).

I'm aware that the DCX2496 provides slopes up to 48dB, whereas the DBX only to 24dB. Also, that the DCX2496 is cheaper (an advantage), but that the DBX may be more transparent and gets out of the way of the signal better. The auto EQ room correction function on the DBX sounds attractive too.

Furthermore, are the more expensive DBX units the 260/48x/480/482 worth the extra $$$$ ? I am looking for long term satisfaction, so may spend the extra dollars.

Sorry to ask so many questions ...

Regards,

Steve M.

I don't own either unit, but from what I've read and if budget were no issue I'd go with the dbx - more functional, versatile, sophisticated, & higher build & sound quality. I would love to have the room correction feature of the dbx, and for "long term satisfaction" it's the best bet. Just my personal pick.

Audiophilenoob 15th December 2005 09:36 PM

I like my DBX a lot....

noah katz 15th December 2005 09:39 PM

How many ins/outs? I need 3/6 to biamp L/C/R's.

Thanks

sdclc126 15th December 2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by noah katz
How many ins/outs? I need 3/6 to biamp L/C/R's.

Thanks

http://www.driverack.com/products.htm

All specs are listed for each model.

noah katz 15th December 2005 10:04 PM

Thanks.

Looks like I'd have to spend 10X the DCX2496 to get past 4 outputs.

sdclc126 15th December 2005 10:14 PM

Yeah - that doesn't add up - literally. Since the # of inputs/outputs is a top priority for you, you're getting way more bang for your buck with the Behringer.

Earlier I said I'd go with the dbx if money were not the issue, but it would become an issue for that particular requirement - diminishing returns.

Sure do like the look of those dbx units though...

zeonrider 15th December 2005 10:38 PM

My thinking

2 Attachment(s)
JUST read the post of sdclc126 the man is 100%write . Beware of BEHRINGER CHINA trash. 2 years ago I made discoteq in SWISS, small town near ZURICH coled SCALA. I am guy in texas jacket.Let see some pic.

zeonrider 15th December 2005 10:43 PM

AND

2 Attachment(s)
PIC2