My latest project - DAC + headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
since people seem to be having trouble with rapidshare, i've split up the file and i'm posting it in this thread.

This file contains the main Eagle .brd/.sch files, the AVR microcontroller code and the front panel designs.

You'll need Eagle Hobby or better to edit the files; the schematic has two pages and the board is 160x100mm 4-layer. To compile the AVR software, you'll need avr-gcc - Google for "winavr" if you're using a Windows machine. And the front panels are designed using the software from http://frontpanelexpress.com

Attachments

• hd1-build-files.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,170
KimBOlesen said:
Hi

Nice project ! How many MHz is the crystal? Will it accept 44.1khz and 48Khz input? This project seems to be perfect for my digital room correction PC... only need to replace the I/V stage.

Best regards

Kim Olesen
The crystal is 29.4912MHz. I'm using the 'CB3LV' series from CTS Corp, available from Digikey.

Acceptable input range is 32 to 192KHz.

Geek said:
Hi Folks,

If Gmarsh doesn't mind, I have a lead on where we can get quantity discount PCB's and do a group buy for this project for fair price (actual $ depends on interest level, hence quantity).

Cheers!
Go ahead, hack up the design, do a group buy or whatever.

But as said before, give credit where it's due and don't make a ton of money off the design without buying me a beer.

motherone said:
Gmarsh,

Very, very neat stuff. I haven't seen too many folks do their 4 layer boards on here.. If you haven't already, you should post this on head-fi -- those guys'll spaz out over this :D
Posted it a while back... http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124371

If spazzing means criticizing op-amp selection and the choice of the TPA chip, then sure... I avoid that forum like the plague, since the majority of the DIY discussion is about how different pots, RCA connectors and wire sound. My engineer's mind can't handle that. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.