DCX2496 update problem

Hi everybody,

Tonight I did the most worst thing ever - I wanted to update my dcx2496 with new firmware, but it stalled in the middle of the transfer and now it won't get pass the startup message. I can't see it anymore on the setup software. Does anybody have a solution to this problem ?

Best regards

Heine

Still problem.

Thanks for the advice - the left button and power on seemed to power the unit up in upgrade mode. But I still have a general problem in transfer software to the unit - it detects it fine, but once I start to transfer presets or upgrade sofftware it says the connection was lost and it had stopped to transfer the file. I've tried two different computers but the result is the same. Any of you who have had this problem before ?

.Heine

Heine,

The process is a bit funny. I've had it hiccup on me before. Once you've clicked the "software update service" button and selected the proper file does it start uploading and proceed for awhile before quitting?

Try using a previous version of the GUI and firmware file to see if that works. Also a different cable.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Davey.

asked ´cause I got a DSP8024 for 120Euros on Ebay... yes, it´s old, I know ;-) So maybe I resell it, hoping to loose no money....
Problem is that I need a 2-way XO... Does the DEQ2496 feature a XO? couldn´t find the info right know... otherwise the DCX would be the way to go for me, coming from a EMU0404 and going to GC´s.
Thanks for your answers

is it possible to split one input into a high and low output?

The DCX can split into two and three channels. The slopes, x over points and the mode (linkwitz reily, butterworth etc) can also be selected.
According to you slope some filter power may be left for equalizer function. Most important from my experience ist the possibility of time delay correction and phase - esp. when you run a subwoofer that wants to be integrated with satellites.

no, it's stock and likely will stay that way.
The only upgrade I think it deserves are better xlr connectors. The ones used have just a metal tongue to lock the plug - which means that after some time - or less if you change connections often - the tongue or metal strip does not engage correctly any more, leading to nasty "frying bacon" noises.
Easy to remedy by bending the metal strp down again, but a pain in the behind. Problem is - I have not found a source for a board mounted replacement that would fit.

Other than that - I can only recommend the unit. Next one in line a K& H pro C 28 (i think thats the model) at app. 4000Euro. No discussion.

Hi everybody,

Now I've gotten the DCX unit to start up in upgrade mode but after several days of work I still can't connect to the unit - I've tried four different computers, two cables and both version 1.15 and 1.16 of the software but nothing works. It detects the unit alright but still once the transfer is about to start it says - "File sending not completed" - the unit itselfs says upgrade problem and needs to be restarted again - so it seems like there is some sort of connection. I've configured the com port alright like the manual says (115200 baud rate, 8 databits, 1 stopbit and no parity) but still no luck - it seems like I'm missing out on some basic thing that I need to do. Any suggestions ??

Best regards

Heine

Dear Heine,

yesterday evening I got the same problem like you with my Behringer Ultradrive DCX2496. So I checked Google today and found your post from 2005. I just registered to this forum but it is not possible to send you an email. They say that I have to make some posts first before I become a full member who is allowed to send emails.

Could you resolve the problem in the meantime ?
I tried 3 different computers, one with Windows XP, one with Windows 2000 and one old with Windows 95, where I could directly connext the RS232 COM port. Win2000 and WinXP was via USB-Serial adapter. I also checked two different cables an the software versions 1.16 and 1.16a.
Nothing worked!

In all cases the device was detected at COM1 or other COM portsm but in all cases the firmware upload was interrupted after some seconds (after 1%) with the medssage " !! File Sending not Completed !! Check Connection ".

Do you have a solution and help for me ?
I would be really happy!!

Thans a lot and best regards,
Werner