DCX2496 update problem

Hello everyone I have long sought help to repair my two DCX2496 but even though I tried I did not succeed I read that you just need a functional eeprom dump to run again cast aside my DCX2496 ask please help who can assist me sending me an eeprom dump v1.17 v1.16 and other functional because it really is what I need and I could encotrar who can help me in this case agradesco beforehand who or who can assist me with my problem mail is spukiraz.90 @ gmail.com ........ regards

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hello to everyone in the future googling this problem... (shoutout to denvercoder9)

I just did the same thing to myself - got an old dcx2496, "oh it's on 1.14 let me just put 1.16 on it" of course that was stupid.

As per everyone else's results no luck using a usb-serial cable, hangs at 1%.
When I disabled FIFO buffers in the driver settings it was then able to upload up to 45% but still again hangs.

HOWEVER there is hope!

Using an old laptop with a hardware serial port, I successfully uploaded the 1.16 firmware using 1.16a Remote software. (Software package here: Behringer DCX2496 Failed Update Recovery - LA2YUA)
Using the recommended serial port settings did NOT work - it would upload but hang at 90%.
After trial and error on all of the following changes, I finally achieved a full upload and a WORKING DCX2496 without flashing eeprom!!
Baud: 9600 (not 115200 as recommended)
Data bits: 8
Parity: none
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: Hardware
Advanced settings: Un-check Use FIFO Buffers

All of these changes together seem to be important as no other combination resulted in success.
I was also using a fully wired (all 9 pins) DB9 serial cable, not a 3-pin 'minimal' cable.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
I also managed to get my DCX back to life, helped by @Bluefusion tips. I successfully uploaded the firmware using with a 1.16a Remote software, with a USB to 9-pin serial Prolific adapter on windows 7 x64.

As addition to the previous mentioned tips, to overcome the 45 and 90% hangout I used a 300bps transfer rate and 512 bytes driver buffer size.

I have to mention that during the firmware restore, my presets remained intact.

Good luck to all!

DCX 2496 UltraDrive Pro

Hi!
Today I thought I’d put an update on DCX, but something went wrong and everything goes there.
I think the whole system got there too, because after booting the logo comes in and then nothing happens, the logo disappears and it’s done.
I’ve been suffering from it for a few hours now, but I haven’t gotten anything.
Unfortunately, my English is pretty bad, but I hope it can be understood that way.

Attachments

• 2021. augusztus 21..mp4
    621.7 KB
oh it's on 1.14 let me just put 1.16 on it" of course that was stupid.
Reviving this old thread to ask the obvious question...so the consensus is I just leave my DCX2496 on 1.14? Is there any known genuine advantage from the later firmware? I must say one thing that doesn't play nice with this older model is the DuinoDCX remote. It causes the ultradrive to freeze although I'm unsure if it's just the fact that it's the older model or the firmware.