Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

DCX2496 update problem
DCX2496 update problem
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2005, 12:21 AM   #11
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by audio-kraut

no, it does not feature an xo, its "just" a dsp.

ehh - I think the XO in the DCX is implemented in DSP actually ...

did you mean: .... just an *EQ*?
Old 21st April 2005, 12:44 AM   #12
audio-kraut is offline audio-kraut  Canada
diyAudio Member

No, the deq ist a lot more than just an eq - so i called it a dsp - digital sound processor. It can upsample to 24/96, contains a fbdestroyer, can change the width of the sounstage, has dynamic eq's etc.

Question - is DSP a process or a machine or both?
Old 21st April 2005, 07:33 AM   #13
weissi is offline weissi  Austria
diyAudio Member

DSP or digital signal processing is - a mostly mathematical process... you know, all that has to do with Fourier calculations.

To the XO: simple question: is it possible to split one input into a high and low output?
Old 21st April 2005, 07:44 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
is it possible to split one input into a high and low output?
The DCX can split into two and three channels. The slopes, x over points and the mode (linkwitz reily, butterworth etc) can also be selected.
According to you slope some filter power may be left for equalizer function. Most important from my experience ist the possibility of time delay correction and phase - esp. when you run a subwoofer that wants to be integrated with satellites.
Old 21st April 2005, 07:51 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Ok, thanks! What I see now is that the DCX helps me more than the DEQ... Have you modded your DCX?
Old 21st April 2005, 08:05 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

no, it's stock and likely will stay that way.
The only upgrade I think it deserves are better xlr connectors. The ones used have just a metal tongue to lock the plug - which means that after some time - or less if you change connections often - the tongue or metal strip does not engage correctly any more, leading to nasty "frying bacon" noises.
Easy to remedy by bending the metal strp down again, but a pain in the behind. Problem is - I have not found a source for a board mounted replacement that would fit.

Other than that - I can only recommend the unit. Next one in line a K& H pro C 28 (i think thats the model) at app. 4000Euro. No discussion.
Old 21st April 2005, 09:09 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

yes, its really a bargain... can get it for 230 new! another 30 for upgrade parts and you have a really good DAC also...
Old 21st April 2005, 06:33 PM   #18
gmarsh is offline gmarsh  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by audio-kraut
Question - is DSP a process or a machine or both?
Both.

DSP is an abbreviation for "digital signal processing", which is a process. It's also an abbreviation for "digital signal processor", which is a type of processor which is specialized in doing digital signal processing.

DSPs are good at doing DSP...
Old 26th April 2005, 02:02 PM   #19
heineb is offline heineb  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hi everybody,

Now I've gotten the DCX unit to start up in upgrade mode but after several days of work I still can't connect to the unit - I've tried four different computers, two cables and both version 1.15 and 1.16 of the software but nothing works. It detects the unit alright but still once the transfer is about to start it says - "File sending not completed" - the unit itselfs says upgrade problem and needs to be restarted again - so it seems like there is some sort of connection. I've configured the com port alright like the manual says (115200 baud rate, 8 databits, 1 stopbit and no parity) but still no luck - it seems like I'm missing out on some basic thing that I need to do. Any suggestions ??

Best regards

Heine
Old 28th January 2007, 10:46 AM   #20
werner2 is offline werner2  Germany
diyAudio Member

Dear Heine,

yesterday evening I got the same problem like you with my Behringer Ultradrive DCX2496. So I checked Google today and found your post from 2005. I just registered to this forum but it is not possible to send you an email. They say that I have to make some posts first before I become a full member who is allowed to send emails.

Could you resolve the problem in the meantime ?
I tried 3 different computers, one with Windows XP, one with Windows 2000 and one old with Windows 95, where I could directly connext the RS232 COM port. Win2000 and WinXP was via USB-Serial adapter. I also checked two different cables an the software versions 1.16 and 1.16a.
Nothing worked!

In all cases the device was detected at COM1 or other COM portsm but in all cases the firmware upload was interrupted after some seconds (after 1%) with the medssage " !! File Sending not Completed !! Check Connection ".

Do you have a solution and help for me ?
I would be really happy!!

Thans a lot and best regards,
Werner

DCX2496 update problemHide this!Advertise here!