Digital Crossover Behringer DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I am a newbee so it would be kind if you could answer any of my following questions>>>

If I buy the Behringer DCX2496 and the ATI AT2006 amp will I have to buy a balanced cd player?

How is the connection between the loudspeakers, amp, cd player, digital crossover, being done?

Which will be my volume knob. (Behringer's one?)

Thanks in advance!

You can drive the Behringer from an unbalanced input by grounding the - input of the 2496 (preferably using a 2-core + screen cable for each channel to the CD and doing the connection from - to 0v (screen) at the CD player to keep hum levels low).

The volume control is tricky. I suggest you check other threads on this site regarding controlling the volume. The problem is that if you put a conventional gain control before the 2496, then you are reducing the dynamic range of the 2496, as the A/D convertor is not operating with the full signal as you turn the gain down.

You really need to set the input from the CD to the 2496 to be as high as possible (without ever clipping the 2496 of course). Then you need a 6-channel (or whatever you need for your configuration) volume control between the 2496 and your power amps. There's a number of ways to do this, but it's worth reading the previous threads first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.