PCM2707, I2S out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have implemented the 2707 as USB to I2S converter and although I have read some comments, that there will be no improvement, taking a XO clock (tried it or just thinking ?), there is for sure an improvement ! No day and night, but for the money you spend on a XO clock (29 Euro) a very good tweak, worth it....

You can use the 2707 as dac it self, but it is not "high end". ranges like an average CD player, which is better than most sound cards of course. All is relative ... But with the I2S at hand, you could feed any DAC with I2S input (like I like the TDA1543) If you need a master clock signal, indeed, than you have a draw back... The only thing comes to mind, is using another free running clock again and do aysnchrone reclocking....

any way, below is the circuit, so you can have a look how I implemented the 2707.... (page 8 of pdf doc)

Link to Circuits PDF

doede

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.