c'mon guys, lets put our heads together to control a STA310 ac3 decoder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, it think the best way is just to try it. I've nothing to loose. If it doesn't work proberbly with the SPDIF Receiver I still can hack some mechanics to the circuit. But I've one last question: If the SPDIF Receiver have TTL/CMOS inputs how much is the maximum input voltage? Because if the chips are running with 3,3V the maximum i/o voltage normaly is always 3,3V unless otherwise specified. Is 5 volt also ok there? Cause the TORX173 receiver will give a 5 volt signal.
Do you have a schematic of your decoder which I could have a look at?
I'm now finishing my schematic and then I have to start routing. I also have the STA3103 from Texas Instruments on the board to make some equalisation and volume control, etc. after I have the decoded signals. Then I have DAC's on the outputs which will be connected to my amplifier. we will see...

my decoder is ready :). It workinng with 6 channel power amplifier.
Decoder module contain:
1. power section: +5VD (DAC), +3,3VD (STA310), +2,5VD (STA310), +2,5VA (S/PDIF section STA310), +5VA (DAC) and +/-9V for low-pass DAC filter
2. STA310 section with 25MHz system clock module
3. controller PIC18F6722
4. 8channel DAC PCM1680
5. 6channel low-pass filter (3xOPA2604)

Power amplifier based on two LM4782. It's 6x20Watt amplifier.
Decoder can decode (PIC software configuration)
1. Dolby Digital stream
2. DTS steram
3. PCM (Compact Disc)

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,292
Hey Tomek!

That is really, really neat!! I ended up buying a DVD player that had discrete DTS and Dolby out, but would've much preferred taking your route. I lost interest in the idea after I couldn't even find an STA310, let alone buy it! That is truly impressive.

Would you care to post some schematics of what you have done?

:cheers:

Gert

hey really great!!!!

looks impressive. My current status on the project is that I'm more or less finished with the schematic, but I'm studying electrcical engineering in parrallel to my normal work and right now I've some hard exams, so the project is still in the queue....
I've the same question. Do you think you can send me the schematics?
Would be great than I could compare if I've done some stupid mistakes on mine. ;)
Thanks
Holger

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.