Behringer DCX2496 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2004, 11:02 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Spearmint
Okay the good news is I have ordered the DCX2496...

The bad news probably be about a week for delivery.

At least it will give me time to think up a good excuse why I spent the money

Thanks again guys...
Who are you buying it from?
Old 21st May 2004, 11:37 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hi ramonramonet...

Quote:
Sorry to tell you that the news Iīve heard about DCX arenīt good.
Could you be so kind as to elaborate on this?

Hi GlennME...

Billy Hyde’s have them ex stock; I am going through a music friend of mine, hence the delay.
Old 22nd May 2004, 10:20 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hi Spearmint,

Iīm thinking to buy a custom made active crossover for my speakers, from a guy that make electronic equipment like power amplifiers, phono RIAA, and so...
You can visit his page about active filters:
http://www.pcpaudio.com/filtros/filtros.html

(sorry, only in spanish)

He tolds me Behringer use VERY BAD analogic parts on DCX. Thats would explain the very low price for that digital crossover. He speaks much better about the components on RANE and BSS crossovers.

I canīt tell you anymore because I didnīt hear any crossover yet, Iīm just giving my first steps to active, but there must be sound differences between good and bad capacitors, donīt you think so?

Feel free to have a look to my two way project, the RamoNET@II:

http://www.pcpaudio.com/pcpfiles/pro...amoNET2%20.pdf
Old 23rd May 2004, 05:04 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thank you ramonramonet, for the reply...

Hmmmm is not good about the analogue side as this is what I will be using.

I am hoping because I am only using it for my subs it may not be such a problem.

I am trying to access those 2 links you provided, but they are taking an awful long time to open...

Thanks

Richard
Old 23rd May 2004, 08:25 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ramonramonet
[snip] He tolds me Behringer use VERY BAD analogic parts on DCX. Thats would explain the very low price for that digital crossover. He speaks much better about the components on RANE and BSS crossovers.
[snip]

Well, I would be very reluctant to base my purchase decisions on such an off-hand remark. What are those 'bad' components? There are many factors determining sales prices, and component cost, while not unimportant, are only part of the story. Also, the sound quality of a piece of equipment is the integral of the total design, not just the sum of the components.
Do yourself a favor and try to do some listening tests, or get a broader opinion base.

Jan Didden
Old 23rd May 2004, 08:56 AM   #16
diyAudio Moderator

To me the DCX doesn't sound as good as the higher end models, but that could be down to DACs, ADCs, digital filter implementation, etc, all of which I could live with for the price, but the main annoyance I had with it was an absolutely huge turn on thump...
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 23rd May 2004, 11:32 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Thanks janneman

I am still going ahead with the purchase, I wasn't going to cancel it because of ramonramonet post, and thanks for the great input. I currently use both a Behringer BFD & DEQ, on my subs and haven't had any audio issues.

Now pinkmouse...

Quote:
the main annoyance I had with it was an absolutely huge turn on thump...
This has me intrigued, as it will be connected to 4 subs.
Old 23rd May 2004, 11:43 AM   #18
diyAudio Moderator

You should be fine, as long as you turn on, (or leave on) the processor before the amps.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 23rd May 2004, 07:52 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hi again Richard,

I didnīt try to stop on your purchase of DCX.
I just wanted with that "innocent" commentary, to listen other impressions about something that has been discussed in Spain about the sound quality of DCX: their analog parts used on it and their final influence on sound.

In other words, try to open a discussion about that issue. Maybe in a wrong thread about DCX, and I apologize to you in that case.

You are right about the sound differencies must be bigger on highs and mids than lows, and Iīm sure you are going to enjoy your purchase with the subs. So please go ahead and let us know how is it going. Ą Buena suerte!

Try to get the site in this other link: http://www.pcpaudio.com/

Hi Jan,
thanks for your lovely and too obvious reply. But you didnīt realized that what I was trying to do with my commentary is getting a broader opinion on that issue, broader than the spanish limits.

I donīt want to listen a crossover on other equipment differet than mine. Maybe in your country is pretty common to get your speakers of more than 50 kilograms (see my picture), your three power amplifiers and a preamp, put everything on the car, get a parking right on the door of Berhinger distributor and have a listenning session on the DCX. In mine... NOT!
Before to do that I wanted to listen others impressions different than already there are in Spain. What better than diyAudio Forum?

With your comment about "the sum of the components..." you seems to know (and agree) that the quality of some DCX parts could be much better. Or can you give another explaining for such a low price?. Your nice reply even tells me that you can be a dealer of Behringer in your country, arenīt you?.

Please, do yourself a favor and donīt waste your time giving replys to a novice like me.

Ramón Rosales
Begonte. Madrid.
Old 23rd May 2004, 10:55 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Ramón...

I appreciate your input into this discussion, and thank you for bringing things to our attention.

You are right about looking at all avenues, and also getting feedback from others, more knowledgeable than I, and of course other owners of this equipment.

Hide this!Advertise here!