es9018

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!
Ihave a es9018 dac v V1.1, wich I upgraded. It sounds fabulous. But since one week I can't get any sound out of it. The ams1117 1.2 volt regulator gives at the chechpoint 0.7 volt, where it has to be 1.2 volt, and I can't find out what went wrong. Is there somebody on the forum who can help me?
I hope so! Grtz Teake

Hi there!
Ihave a es9018 dac v V1.1, wich I upgraded. It sounds fabulous. But since one week I can't get any sound out of it. The ams1117 1.2 volt regulator gives at the chechpoint 0.7 volt, where it has to be 1.2 volt, and I can't find out what went wrong. Is there somebody on the forum who can help me?
I hope so! Grtz Teake
Any picture of the board? (the schematic diagram would be a luxury)

Does the AMS117 regulator area on the board gets hotter than usual?
Lift the output leg of the AMS117 regulator and check the output voltage again; same low voltage may indicate a faulty regulator... Good output voltage would indicate a 'near' shortcircuit in the area fed by the AMS117 reg (check tracks and components).

Good luck ... and good digital meter and hawk eyes!

Hi There!
I measured al points on the board but it stays at 0,75 volts. I think there is a leak but I can't find it. The regulator is good on its own. Without connection to the board it still measures 1.2volt. Can there be something wrong with the chipset? After the regulator there is a 100uf sanyo oscon, from there on a resistor, it says 332, I think 3k3. After that a small cap 0,1uf. On the input of the chipset it measures 0,75. The strange thing is that it happened suddenly.
If somebody can help me, my thanks wil be great.
Grtz Teake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.