I2s format conventer needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are multiple formats possible:
Offset binary, binary two's complement etc.
I guess in your case it is the last.
You will need to change the WS into LE. This is easy but also you need to get the LE in sync with the Data as well.
You can do this either delaying the Data or the LE.
Please see application note AN-207 from AD (is attached).

Attachments

• AN-207.pdf
    133.6 KB · Views: 89
Hi
What means LE?
And and what give invert WS,when i see on scope empty bits (0) on bouth state of ws (1 and 0) on left side of frame?
For l and r channels looks the same.

For different source (left justified) empty bits are on rigth side..(reference signal).

Last edited:
http://www.tij.co.jp/ods/images/SLAS965C/right_just_aud_data_for_SLAS965.gif
look here ,you have to be sure about physicaly coming out word clock lenght in bck.You can see this with ordinary osciloscope.There can come 16bits in 32bits word lenght frame left justified as an example.So in that case you have to shift 16bit if receiver can accept 32bit,if it accepts 24bits only so you shift 8bits. Many outcomes can be depending on the gear you have.

I made some scope screenshots and share here.
On source i can setup like a attach
i2s.png

ok, just explain.
i can setup in source bough of them and this is no problem.

for test my module, i need to test it with dac sebre ES9018K2M.
This dac support only right, on left justified do not work.
i have also PCM5102, not work also on left.
Before install module in target device, i like to test, but i can.
So, if i have some device, which convert to me to format i can setup source on final format and do not change it any more..( i have to desolder SPI socket on module after sending and better will be have ready setup and do not changing this).
For test i have also mp3 player with right justified...for now i can connect this mp3 to target also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.