How to properly terminate unused S/PDIF pins in a DAC (PCM2903C)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been told that leaving pins that aren't being used and leaving simply disconnected is a bad idea. That will increase power consumption, noise, etc. I know how to do it in a op amp, but I'm having some difficulty with this DAC chip. I won't use the S/PDIF function.

PCM2903C Stereo USB1.1 CODEC with line-out and S/PDIF I/O, Self-powered (HID Interface) | TI.com

I'm guessing that the S/PDIF input should be tied to ground, should I take any other precaution? And what about the output? If I do the same to it, won't that possibly blow the chip due to overcurrent, or create noise of some kind? Should it be connected with a resistor? A capacitor in parallel? How should it be done?

Ok, so while looking at the datasheet of the PCM2900C, a very similar DAC without S/PDIF it says to connect the S/PDIF input to gnd and leave the output floating. Should I do this too?

dbOKf56.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.