Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Search DSP for crossover and correction - HDMI input, 8 channels output, FIR support
Search DSP for crossover and correction - HDMI input, 8 channels output, FIR support
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th July 2018, 02:59 PM   #1
gug42 is offline gug42
diyAudio Member

Default Search DSP for crossover and correction - HDMI input, 8 channels output, FIR support

Hello Evryone,

I'm working on my new systems based on a pair of three ways loudspeaker and active crossover.

There is one big issue that I have no idea how to resolve it : how to do the DSP stuff. I hope you could help me !

So my needs, usage and constraints are :
- Use the same column loudpseaker for music and movies. Left and right channels.
- For movie, a central loudspeaker is needed/appreciate
- All my sources are digital : flac, tidal, spotify, netflix, BD.
- For now, all my devices use HDMI output and can output LPCM multi-channel
- FIR correction and crossover by ouput channel.
- Analog output is needed for my amps
- Central master volume is needed (remote or with a big button)

Idealy a boxes with multiple hdmi input, hdmi video output, 8 outputs, FIIR support ....

Too bad that the minidsp OpenDRC DA8 doesn-t have hdmi multichannel input. Too bad that the minidsp nanoavr HDA doesn't do FIR ....

Perhaps I could found a box that take hdmi input, extract the central voices, and the left/right channel, send the left/righ to optical output, and the central to an amp ? Perhaps with stuff like this : https://octavainc.com/hdmi-switch-hdmxa71-ip/ ?

Can you help me to do it of find it ? My soldering iron is still hot

Thank you in advance !

Last edited by gug42; 16th July 2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #2
Loafmeat is offline Loafmeat  Germany
diyAudio Member

Digital crossover for free

Take a look here

X-over realized by Laptop, Open Source and 7.1 AV Receiver over Display Port / HDMI

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnKX4vLSHn4Nh5ty6YD-Ge9iJbJ8qA

Regards
Guenter
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #3
gug42 is offline gug42
diyAudio Member

Great ! Thank you
A minute ago before pulling the trigger for the nanoAVR HDA - no FIR sadly -.
Old Today, 01:44 PM   #4
gug42 is offline gug42
diyAudio Member

Hum sadly hard to find a sound card with HDMI input and video pass-through .

If you know some ?

Regards,

Search DSP for crossover and correction - HDMI input, 8 channels output, FIR supportHide this!Advertise here!