Search DSP for crossover and correction - HDMI input, 8 channels output, FIR support

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Evryone,

I'm working on my new systems based on a pair of three ways loudspeaker and active crossover.

There is one big issue that I have no idea how to resolve it : how to do the DSP stuff. I hope you could help me !

So my needs, usage and constraints are :
- Use the same column loudpseaker for music and movies. Left and right channels.
- For movie, a central loudspeaker is needed/appreciate
- All my sources are digital : flac, tidal, spotify, netflix, BD.
- For now, all my devices use HDMI output and can output LPCM multi-channel
- FIR correction and crossover by ouput channel.
- Analog output is needed for my amps
- Central master volume is needed (remote or with a big button)

Idealy a boxes with multiple hdmi input, hdmi video output, 8 outputs, FIIR support ....

Too bad that the minidsp OpenDRC DA8 doesn-t have hdmi multichannel input. Too bad that the minidsp nanoavr HDA doesn't do FIR ....

Perhaps I could found a box that take hdmi input, extract the central voices, and the left/right channel, send the left/righ to optical output, and the central to an amp ? :D Perhaps with stuff like this : https://octavainc.com/hdmi-switch-hdmxa71-ip/ ?

Can you help me to do it of find it ? My soldering iron is still hot ;)

Thank you in advance !

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.