"splitting" I2S signal to 2 different DACs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a DAC with 3 digital inputs (coaxial,Toslink,USB) with WM8805 receiver, I would like to know please if I can split the output of the WM8805 I2S with another DAC so the 2 DACs will receive the same I2S signal at the same time?
Can I just connect the I2S output from the WM8805 to the 2nd DAC or do I need something more complicated than simple connection?

Thanks

Preventing/reducing signal reflections for high speed signals, and controlling rise/fall times and damping ringing. They usually go just before the chip inputs. No its not a must, as I2S is quite slow by logic standards - except MCLK if present. At 100MHz+ its highly important to have carefully controlled impedances on the logic traces which act as transmission lines at these speeds. At those speeds LVDS is commonly used too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.