Musiland MD10 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I heard some good things about this little dac, especially after tweaking it a bit. This is apparently what happened to this one. The job seems to have been done properly but I received it as not tested which in the end meant, not working. When I power it up there is just a faint light on the screen but nothing else, none of the relays are engaging but I do hear a very light buzzing from the transformers. There don't seem to be any schematics out there so I don't really know what voltages I should be reading, cans anyone help ?

20180423_150125.jpg

I found a few faulty components around on of the regulators (asm1117). Itself measures faulty and on the board (with the component removed) 2 of the 3 pins are directly connected to ground, one should but the other one definitely not. There are some smd capacitors on this track connecting to ground so I guess this is supposed to be the output of the reg. I think one of the caps shorted to ground, problem is there are no inscriptions on them so no value. One more reason to get my hands on a schematic :p.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.