Xiang Sheng DAC 01 circuit board swap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
this is my first post.
A short time ago on the recommendation of a couple of members of the AOS forum I ordered an Xiang Sheng DAC 01 off ebay, choosing the only EU supplier I could find to avoid import duty had I bought from China based suppliers.
Unfortunately when the DAC arrived it turn out to be faulty being unable to produce any sound output via the optical input. The rest of the DAC and headphone amp are still functional. When I contacted the seller they turned out to be based in China, they asked that I returned the DAC to China but when checking postage rates the cost was extortionate and the seller wouldn’t agreee to reimburse me, as an alternative to an expensive return the seller offered to send a replacement circuit board free of charge, wanting a quick resolution I agreed and the circuit board should be with me in the next 1-2 weeks.
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience of doing a circuit board swap on this or a similar XS DAC and can advise me what it entails as I would prefer to do the work myself, the seller states they will send instructions but I expect these to get corrupted in the translation from Chinese so may not be as useful as I’d like.
Any insight or help would be appreciated.
Regards
Steve

1 or 2 good pics ,1h for the job ,easy !
photo_11.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.