USB to SPdif converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry the noob question. I go trough a lot of threads but i found nothing that fits.

i need a converter from my laptop usb ---> to other digital outputs - e.g. spdif

my actually DAC has a lot of digital inputs but just anlaog outputs. i want to go with spdif in some tests amps and not over analog...

i found that....

SMSL X-USB XMOS USB zu Koaxialem Optischem IIS Digital: Amazon.de: Elektronik

your feedback please.

I'm currently using one of these for USB->S/PDIF. It also has a header for I2S output. And a grunt-grade onboard DAC (ES9023).

CM6631A???? USB?I2S/SPDIF???? 32/24Bit 192K??-???

Oh..yes the ESS9023 is really a good chip. If i checked the boards available in Aliexpress or amazon (it is because of delivery and warranty...delivery from overseas here in AUT ...our customs duty office want to have approx 20 euro !)) i didnt find the CM3361A Pro version.

on the pcb which you are showing is written Pro version.

thx chris

Last edited:
Just reading over on ASR and found a poster there mentioned the SMSL x-USB. Its already boxed up and ready to go, has a nice feature of differential I2S output on an HDMI connector.

SMSL????X-usb???????USB?????IIS DSD 384kHz-???

Ha, now I see that's exactly the one you mentioned in the first post. Duh! You could try contacting the poster who recommended it on Head-Fi only to have all his posts deleted : Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC | Page 7 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.