Searching for Audio DAC / ADC ADAT or I2S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey people,

I am a German product designer and for a new product I'm looking for an usb audio interface that has 8 inputs and 8 outputs. For several reasons I don't want to use a device of another brand (like MOTU, RME, etc.).

The only option I found that's more OEM-style, are the interfaces from minidsp.com

I contacted those guys and they told me that they don't have such interface in their line up. They suggested to use their USBStreamer and look for an expansion that could be connected to that device.

The USBStreamer has I2S I/O and also ADAT via Toslink.

So I'm looking for such an expansion. I'm experienced in PCB design and I'm able to do SMD soldering. With that said: If there are schematics out there for such an application, I could recreate it and design a PCB by myself. I think ADAT is more complicated as I2S.

So, what would you do? Do you know a source for such kind of schematics / plans? Or maybe such boards are already available somewhere?
What IC would you recommend for I2S In and Out? Any tipps?

Thank you very much!!

Best,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.