Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Digital PSU LTSpice simulation model ...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th January 2018, 07:48 AM   #1
gentlevoice is offline gentlevoice  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Default Digital PSU LTSpice simulation model ...

Hi all,

I have for some time now been underways with an LTSpice model that reliably simulates how the PSU inputs to e.g. a DAC behaves with respect to the PSU components surrounding it.

The purpose of this has been - is - to get a quite good idea about which components (capacitors & resistors) may give the best decoupling of digital PSU noise at various frequencies.

I have attached the model I am working with to this post including an example of what the AC analysis looks like (for these values).

The thing is that I am just not quite sure it is entirely correct ... ? E.g.: is the IC current draw best modeled as a current source switching, or as a voltage source changing its voltage ... ?

Have anyone else been modeling this? And maybe have a model they find work well?

Cheers,

Jesper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSU_sim_diyaudio.jpg (347.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg PSU_sim_diyaudio_AC.jpg (394.6 KB, 24 views)

Digital PSU LTSpice simulation model ...Hide this!Advertise here!