ADC to rip vinyls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been working on a new isolated ADC design using

Cinemag 3440AHPC first + OPA1632 second stage
Omron G6K-2P-Y & toggle between 150ohm and 37.5ohm taps
AK5578EN in 8:2 summation mode & 5v LT3042 supplies
ADP5070 + ADP7182 + ADP7142 for +/10v supplies
GXO-3306 clock & 3.3v LT3042 supplies
3.2 to 10v input with LTC4365 protection
i2s/DSD output

Anyone interested in buy into into a first off batch? :) Follow progress here.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/313784-project-xii-mc-pre-adc.html#post5456756

Last edited:
I´ve found the ComTrue Inc. CT7601!

But it seems DSD over PCM through I2S for recording?

JP

Yes this would be perfect but where to buy? The Software recorder VinylStudio needs to see DoP. So it is ok if this isn't native DSD. Doesn't seem to be for sale anywhere?

I wonder with on the fly denoise, EQ, declick, if it isn't better anyway to do all of this first in PCM then figure a way to upsample the results to DSD128 or higher, and then route that to VinylStudio?

I think I will continue to hunt for a CT7601 solution for those pristine records where you could justify the perfect rip, those would be rare I think.

Last edited:
Anyone tried this ? (Finished not diy . Does DSD ootb)
DS-DAC-10R - 1BIT USB-DAC/ADC | KORG (USA)

I am thinking of purchasing as our local supplier has them at 50% discount !

Only issue I have with devices like this relying on a phone app is that if the app is closed source and they decide not keep the app updated with the latest phones then your ADC/DAC becomes unusable.

I have an m-Audio FireWire audiophile but when apple dropped FireWire the device is useless. The device itself can’t operate without drivers to initialise the internal system.. no drivers, no device (even if you have a FireWire card adaptor on the new device.

Make it work stand alone then add convenience..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.