Seeking help - integrating MiniDSP nanoSHARC into existing board with ESS Sabre DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello there!

I'll cut straight to the chase - I am soliciting for hands-on help with a project that goes well beyond my skill set. This is help that I am of course happy to compensate the helper for if I can find the right person!

I am looking to insert the MiniDSP NanoSHARC into the signal chain of an existing board that uses the ESS Sabre 9006AS DAC. My reading thus fur seems to indicate this is possible, providing the incoming data is routed through the on-board ASRC of the ADSP processor first - as the MiniDSP plugins require the incoming sample rate to match the master sample rate of the plugin, when using the I2S input. I am hoping to use SPDIF input into the ASRC then output back to the DAC via I2S.

So that's the goal. This is all new to me, so I am looking for someone, based in Australia or even Melbourne ideally so we can facilitate the process, who has a working knowledge of DAC circuit design, I2S protocol, SPDIF and ideally the MiniDSP and Sabre hardware.

As to why I want to do specifically this - I am completely sold on MiniDSP and Dirac Live, and want very much to integrate it seamlessly into an existing streamer/dac/amp for use in a compact system.

So please, if you can help, I would love to hear from you!

Cheers, Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.