WM8740 single power supply output buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for recommendations for single supply (5V) compact output buffer for WM8740 which has differential voltage outputs. I could not find any specs for these signals, but I am guessing they must be between 0 and 5V, which is the power supply of the DAC. I would like to run whole board (USB->Audio Widget->I2S->ADAU1701 DSP->I2S->WM8740 on USB power.

Just a thought, it isn't possible to use an AD8606 as buffer? It is one already working on a 5Vdc supply on the boards, so that should not be an issue?
There are several other low supply voltage opamps, I don't know how they behave on a single supply though.
I have some, don't remember which though, I'd have to check my parts-drawers and look at the datasheets.

I would not bother with single supply if you're going for "high-end". Look into Jens' SilentSwitcher to get a negative supply from the 5V input. Or build your own using similar ICs if you're up for it.

If you want excellent load drive capabilities I would look at OPA1622.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.