CM6631A I2S I/O

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to you all.

This is my first post but the last two years I got a lot of information from DIYAudio.

I am working to a project I call " DΣPino" and it is a modular design around the ADAU1701 DSP. It will be released as an open project when it will be ready but if anyone is interested I can give you the progress so far.

Using an CM6631A board from ebay and the CM6631A Configuration Tool , I manage to feed I2S data in to the DSP , and it works fine , but now , as I design my own hardware, I would like to go further .

So,
A) I would like to use both I2S output channels of CM6631A.
B) I would like to use also the I2S input channels of CM6631A if its possible.

I know that the A is doable , but i didn't find any info about how to do it.
I didn't find anything about B.

I believe that the CM6631A firmware framework is the answer but how can I get it ?

I will appreciate any help and information

Thanks

You don't need to replace anything. I am using the same board .

If i understand correct you have troubles with the master clock frequency.
If that's the problem then you have two options.

A. If you know the master clock frequency of the CM6631A (depends of the firmware you use) then you need to set the PLLMODE0 and PLLMODE1 pins of the ADAU1701.

see here for details
https://ez.analog.com/docs/DOC-3167

B. If your are not able to change the PLLMODE0 and PLLMODE1 pins at your ADAU1701 board , then find out the state they are . That will show you the master clock frequency that the ADAU1701 expect . (Logically it will be the frequency of the ADAU1701 board's crystal. )

Then you can use the CM6631A Firmware Configuration Tool to generate a firmware with the master clock frequency you need.

CM6631A Firmware Configuration Tool:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/217764-cm6631-usb-audio-interface-any-good-46.html

CM6631A FW Update Tool:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/217764-cm6631-usb-audio-interface-any-good-22.html

If you need more help please let me know. also i need to know the ADAU1701 board you use.

Good Luck ! :)

attachment.php

This is my setup ... is my first ADAU1701 project ...

Attachments

• 20170628_194119.jpg
    20170628_194119.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 3,052
  • 20170628_194128.jpg
    20170628_194128.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 1,066
B) I would like to use also the I2S input channels of CM6631A if its possible.

Did you get any information?

These Chinese boards do not have the i2s input pins exposed.
So we have to make our own pcb.

But the main question is: Just using the firmware configurator setting for i2s is enough? Or would it require a fully customized firmware?

I find nothing about it. :(

Unfortunately i don't have any additional info.

I am pretty sure that the firmware configurator is not enough because the driver don't show any audio inputs on the sound configuration panel of Windows.

What i did, is that i designed a PCB with all I2S I/O available so i will test the I2S outputs with the firmware configurator and then i will see what i can do with the inputs.

I can send you the schematics and pcb of my design if you want ( it will published as part as the DSPino open project when it's ready ) but it has not been tested yet.

I hope i will manage to test it in the next 5-6 weeks if you can wait .

I am pretty sure that the firmware configurator is not enough because the driver don't show any audio inputs on the sound configuration panel of Windows.

So we have a big problem, depending on a custom firmware.

I can send you the schematics and pcb of my design if you want ( it will published as part as the DSPino open project when it's ready ) but it has not been tested yet.

I hope i will manage to test it in the next 5-6 weeks if you can wait .

Nice! This would save a lot of time by developing layout. :D

Yep, I'll keep following!

I wonder if the flash is already programmed and both i2s in and i2s out is active and will be "visible" in operational system

There really is not much information.

With XMOS it is already found more easily. miniDSP - USBStreamer Kit.

This does provide firmware as well as the necessary drivers for Windows.
But I think it's expensive ... $95 :eek:

If you want to develop you own firmware for customize. You can find firmware code in below URL:
Dropbox - CM6631A SDK
You can write firmware for CM6631A and CM6632A.

So we have a big problem, depending on a custom firmware.

Nice! This would save a lot of time by developing layout. :D

Yep, I'll keep following!

There really is not much information.

With XMOS it is already found more easily. miniDSP - USBStreamer Kit.

This does provide firmware as well as the necessary drivers for Windows.
But I think it's expensive ... $95 :eek:

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Hi
Sorry the project only can compile by Keil C. I try to rewrite it by use SDCC but still in plan stage. I have no time to do it.:(

thanks tdtsai

The problem with the compiler Keil C was solved in a "irregular way" (if someone wants help with the compiler Keil C can send me a PM) I have some problems with the build ... I will see it again tomorrow. I want to ask, should we be "discreet" with the SDK ? or we can start a thread for support

CM6510B reference firmware SDK

Hello tdtsai,

thanx for the effort to improve Cmedia usefulness on different use-cases.

me, i'm using a different chip anyway, a CM6510B. could you provide also the SDK for it too?

this is my use case: i'm using it as "USB to Analog Audio" converter, but the default binary FW i found exposes, on the USB side, the descriptors for LineOut and both Mic and LineIn and i would like to trim the former, because i'm just using LineIn & LineOut.

Hi
Sorry the project only can compile by Keil C. I try to rewrite it by use SDCC but still in plan stage. I have no time to do it.:(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.