Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Buffalo III upgraded with ES9028Pro
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2018, 03:21 PM   #101
Greg Stewart is offline Greg Stewart  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgtc View Post
thank you so much guys! i understand dam1021 is still superior but 9028 is closing the gap. I was nearly decided to get one since it has everything in a board (spdif+i2s, reclocking, filters, balanced unbalanced and headphones output). iíd say itís a very good dac for a first diyer, at a decent price. but then ianís showing his modular approach with the 9028 and iím wondering if i should wait for that, because it looks impressive as well.
Just to be clear, I have not yet listened to my BuffIIIPro builds. I was saying my DAM 1021 setups are currently my best. I suspect based on comments from others that will change once I get my BuffIIIPro setups running.

AND of course, implementation is everything. I have some additional mods planned to my DAM 1021 setups to give them the best chance of competing... and am pulling no punches on my BuffIIIPro builds for the same reasons.

Greg in Mississippi
Old 4th April 2018, 03:55 PM   #102
zgtc is offline zgtc
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Stewart View Post
Just to be clear, I have not yet listened to my BuffIIIPro builds. I was saying my DAM 1021 setups are currently my best. I suspect based on comments from others that will change once I get my BuffIIIPro setups running.

AND of course, implementation is everything. I have some additional mods planned to my DAM 1021 setups to give them the best chance of competing... and am pulling no punches on my BuffIIIPro builds for the same reasons.

Greg in Mississippi
noted, thank you so much
Old 14th April 2018, 01:41 PM   #103
zgtc is offline zgtc
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
I've had the DAM for more than 2 years but it's still getting incremental upgrades. The Salas SSLV1.1 that powers it is about to be upgraded, its XMOS receiver too (with my design), plus Soren is close to giving out a new firmware that will support 4K taps for the FIR filter.
Hi again Dimitris,

Which are the essential differences between ArDAM1021 and ArDAM1021 Lite? I know display and memory usage are different, but anything else feature wise?

Thank you
Old 14th April 2018, 01:53 PM   #104
Dimdim is online now Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

ArDAM Lite "as is" only supports control via IR versus the rotary encoder support of the non-lite version. Other than that, just the obvious (aesthetic) differences.
Old 14th April 2018, 02:14 PM   #105
zgtc is offline zgtc
diyAudio Member

Quote:
ArDAM Lite "as is" only supports control via IR versus the rotary encoder support of the non-lite version. Other than that, just the obvious (aesthetic) differences.
noted, thank you! i'm trying to decide on a system, most likely will invest on a DAM1021 + your ArDAM (non-lite) and maybe an isolator. Do you sell your boards or offer the design somehow?
Old 14th April 2018, 06:01 PM   #106
Dimdim is online now Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

I'm out of pcbs at the moment, but I do have the full Eagle files for my Isolator PCB up on my blog: Universal Signal Isolator shield for the Arduino DUE | Dimdim's Blog

It's not hard to generate gerbers and order pcbs.

But I'm also considering starting a GB thread to see if there is interest.
Old 14th April 2018, 06:21 PM   #107
zgtc is offline zgtc
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm out of pcbs at the moment, but I do have the full Eagle files for my Isolator PCB up on my blog: Universal Signal Isolator shield for the Arduino DUE | Dimdim's Blog

It's not hard to generate gerbers and order pcbs.

But I'm also considering starting a GB thread to see if there is interest.
great!

Buffalo III upgraded with ES9028ProHide this!Advertise here!