Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

BluWave USB-to-SPDIF bridge, "a miniature beauty"
BluWave USB-to-SPDIF bridge, "a miniature beauty"
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Today, 05:42 PM   #171
kimschips is offline kimschips  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
@ Kim: well, as you already know, I'm now focused on adding stability of this design when used with all platforms / OSes so measurements had to be done later.

As for jitter on USB3.0 vs USB2.0: the measurement is too subjective in my opinion! Why? Because each motherboard is designed in its own way, with own voltage regulators, PCB layout and parts. Taking them all together, one MoBos might be less noisy than others with better layout than others. I don't own such expensive jitter measurement tools and even if I did, I can only measure the USB ports I have at disposal. This is not objective but a subjective measurement which is mostly good only got me.

At theoretical level (not tested by me so far) the less noise on the USB path (including power and GND reference) => the better. Perhaps this was the reason why GigaByte (and maybe other MoBo manufacturers) decided to implement dedicated USB ports for DACs which - if I recall correctly - are in yellow color at the I/O panel.
Perhaps in the future I'll seek a way to measure "things" and post the result in different configurations. This way you may build up an idea on how USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 will influence the sound.
I asking because and only maybe the number of digital clicks may be reduced when using USB port 3, maybe other have seen that too?
Best regards.

BluWave USB-to-SPDIF bridge, "a miniature beauty"Hide this!Advertise here!