BB PCM63 DAC only for CD transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I'm not familiar with Ian's NOS. However if you're interested in an I/V schematic I posted one over here today - http://www..com/forums/digital-line-level/227677-using-ad844-i-v-42.html#post4983888
It doesn't have resistor values - some of them depend on the DAC you connect to it. If you need help working out how to choose the Rs for the '63 then please do ask.

Yes, I'm interested, could you let me know the resistors and capacitorss values for PCM63 and the voltages?

TIA
Felipe

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I will use the Erno Borbely series regulators to power the digital side of the DAC, attached pic.

Attachments

• WP_20170211_001[1].jpg
    WP_20170211_001[1].jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 135
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks for your time and to share your schematic, Vout 2Vrms, still I do not have it determined.

Here's the schematic from running some simulations in LTSpice. If you'd like the simulation file I can also give you it.

Notice that because the PCM63 is bipolar output and the circuit is single-ended, we have a current source (bottom left of the picture) to provide an offset. Since the PCM63 has a -5V supply I've assumed it will be powered from that. The rest of the circuit needs around 10V supply. DC offset is not controlled so a coupling capacitor will be called for.

Attachments

• IVconvclassA.png
    IVconvclassA.png
    21 KB · Views: 150
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.