AK4458 multichannel DAC with I2S input

Perhaps that's the reason for the full-body (not so airy and natural) sound...

Attachments

• vs_dac03.jpg
    vs_dac03.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 574
Just found this: AK4490EQ Filter adjustment - Gieseler Audio - StereoNET

I'm agreed with that:
"I was expecting "Minimum delay Sharp Roll-off" (Minimum Phase on the M-DAC) to sound the best, but instead it was second worst - quite glary and aggressive sounding, although very sharp and detailed. I suspect this is due to the very severe post-ringing of this filter type (far worse than even a brickwall filter)."

Hi DimDim,
just a question, because of I began with the controller setup (Arduino nano).
I've studied your code "AK4490_STM32F-v1.35" and do not understand one thing:
the chip adress code (e.g. 0x13) must followed by an eight, R/W bit. That is not the case in your code (e.g. by the "ReadRegister", "WriteRegister" objects). Does it functioning indeed, or I am wrong?

Hi, I have PCBs for you if you wish, but without IC. The DAC can be ordered from DigiKey only, they have a free delivery from 50€ (below that 18€ shipping!!) I think.... So you should order with other components together, so makes it sense...

(aber kannst gerne auch mal privat schreiben!)

Hi All, I have a question about the AK4458. Are the stated noise and distortion specifications in the datasheet attainable without their suggested external output circuit? I would like to make a differential output design using OPA1632's or LME49724's. Can I simply apply my own differential MFB filter?