AK4458 multichannel DAC with I2S input

USBStreamer jitter measurement. Time to upgrade?

Attachments

• pic_4_3.jpg
    pic_4_3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
I'm considering what other clocks can be use with my Si5xx footprint, perhaps design an universal pattern. But the NDK clocks are simply too small, unfortunatelly not possible if I don't want to get a short with the bigger 6 pin examples. Alternatives are the Crystek C33xx and CCDH-575 models, they have about the same size, but only 4 pads.

The Si clocks have relativ high phase noise, and are sentitive to the power supply (experience of Ian) regardless to the good PSRR value. That's why I thinking about alternatives....

Can't you change the PCB footprints anymore in the design for the NDK? These are cheap and very good.

I've made new measurement with calibrated scope and other earth point. Seems to be a little better...

The probe is set up to "10x", scope bandwith is 100Mhz.

I can change the footprint but I have than no compatibility with Si oscillators. (Crystek has 4 pins so it is ok) That's the choice....

Attachments

• pic_5_1.jpg
    pic_5_1.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 385
  • pic_5_4.jpg
    pic_5_4.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 370
Does look much better. However, can't really measure jitter accurately with most scopes.

What kind of clock do you have now, and is it on its own dedicated voltage regulator? If already ultra-low jitter rated clock and dedicated regulator, probably not going to get a whole lot better. If not either, then going to Crystek (especially with its own voltage regulator located nearby on the same ground plane) would probably make it about as good as you are likely to get.

Other things can matter too, such as having a good ground plane at all, having the clock output loading within specs, etc.

D

Deleted member 537459

Is possible have pcb dac and pcb ouput stage, i allready make a project with 3 different 9038qm2 chinese dac on my panasonic ub9000. Now i mount ian's mcfifo and i search pcb dac all stuff with lifepo4 current. Fortunetly i finder this thread!!