Problem with Objective 2 Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have built an O2 + Odac, the Amp works using the jack input perfectly, but i get no sound if I use only the Odac via USB.
I think the Odac is working because if I connect the Odac to the pc, windows installs the drivers. If I select the Odac as default output and play some music the green bars move up and down.
The Odac is connected at the P1 header BUT I have not cut the traces from below. That might be the problem, but the guide I was following said nothing about to cut them if i connect the Odav at P1, and I dont want to make things worst.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

Brief Odac impressions

so seems you have to cut the traces, and another thing is, that it seems it would be best to solder the inputs to the underside of the PCB, below the input-jack.
This will disconnect the ODAC, once you plug another source into the inputjack of the O2.

This is how i have solved it, also with two inputs(just that i don't have an ODAC, but RCA inputs on the back of the O2):
http://i.imgur.com/qasiElW.jpg

ground can stay in the P1 header, red=right, white=left and traces are cut.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.