i2s to spdif/toslink project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some old sound modules unfortunately they output I2S @ 32kHz only.

I want to know if there is a better (and simpler) alternative to convert 32kHz to 48kHz, or I'll be forced to use a SRC ic (like SRC4192)?

Looking at DIT4192, it seems it accepts asynchronous, or its just for the clock?

I already did a prototype and it works fine (i2s to spdif/toslink), however it remains in 32kHz of course (almost no equipment support that nowdays, only expensive ones)

Hello my friend,

I'm looking for an I²S to Toslink solution based on the DIT4192 you are using, to implement it on an ADC eval board just providing the SPDIF coax signal. If possible I would be most grateful if you could share the schematic you have prototyped for the I²S to Toslink output with DIT4192.

In reply to your original question:

The DIT4192 is an interface device to convert from I²S to SPDIF or AES/EBU. For this task it "just" takes the incoming serial data stream, using the double the ADC Masterclock, and codes this into the SPDIF/AES/EBU clock/data stream of the same audio resolution.
I guess you are aware of that function, so just to make sure...

From my perspective there is no way to avoid resampling, by an ASRC or by a device e.g. upsampling to least common denominator of 32 and 48 being 32x3 and 48x2, hence the sample rate converter should do upsampling 32 kHz x3 to 96 kHz and then downsample this /2 to 48 kHz.
I have not checked if a SRC4192 can do this or you need two of them or a different device, but to me this seems to be the most simple solution springing to mind.

Please consider sharing your protoschematic.
Thanks and Regards,
Winfried

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.