Odroid, BBB, Raspberry Pi or MarsBoard, which platform to use for building a DYI SBT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello together,

looking for a replacement for my defect Squeezebox Touch and Classic I started to search the WWW for an inexpensive alternative. I found such a lot of interesting things, impossible to get an overview.
Most interesting I found These small SBC like Raspberry Pi, Odroid C1+, Beagle Bone Black... To gen in touch with this stuff I ordered a RaspiPI with a Hifiberry DAC+ pro, an Odroid C1+ with Hifi Shield and a Beagle Bone Black to get in touch with this stuff. Thanks to available ready SW Images even that Linux dummy, me, was able to get the Raspi and the Odroid running. At that Moment I was infected by the DIY virus.
I decided to build my own DAC cape for the BBB.
As I am a PCB-designer the layout will not be the big issue, schematics could be possible with all this Information available here but what I am really afraid of is how to communicate with the board, how to program registers and settings with my low level of knowledge in this area.
Is there anybody out there who could give me some advices where I could get some compressed information how to start with. As I am a freelancer and have near zero spare time I would prefer to build up on some existing platform. I appreciate every tip.

Thank you in advance
Erwin

This picture is last variant

Attachments

• 20160528_133210.jpg
    20160528_133210.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 269
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.