I want to know that priority order of R2R, NOS, No Filter, Descrete for best DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I manage business PC-FI and Mid-FI (under $1700) products selling.

This time, I'll release innovative active speakers that used Accuton mid-woofer, mid price AMT Tweeter, Full Mundorf Network and price is 1399.

Next I want to make DAC that used upper itemss.

Because of its price is under $800, it is impossible that all items iis used.

So I need to know about the priority.

Please reply~~~

Your question is much like asking which is the priority order, bipolar or mosfet transistors. There really is no consensus. It also matters whether you mean objectively or subjectively best. In addition, so much is depends on the implementation details applied. Objectively, sigma-delta will typically exhibit the lowest distortion, and brickwall digital reconstruction filtering most closely adheres to sampling theory. Subjectively, ten different people will likely express ten different preferences.

It would also depends on your customer target , olders (like me !! ) would eventualy prefer a more analog /fleshy sound , that modern delta/sigma or R2R doesnt realy gives .

the priority : a large listening DAC session ;-) , and your ear would tell you what :)

what about the amps ?? it also matter ;-)

the question is a non sense.

The fleshy sound has Nothing to see with the r2r or sigm delta structure of the dac chip !

But both question and answer show a markett can exist and seller/Customer could meet each other :D ! Often business has Nothing to see with the competence of the managers or the Customers either.... That's why so much bad products as so much bad hifi ! But as far as the cudtomer is happy with it, it doesn't care finally....

Last edited:
:D

I can make it gratis ! (but please don't mention my name also or say it's from DF96 )

Me think if you can putt a 100 usd Acuton upon a 700 USD Olive device : you should match 800 usd !

Just rebrand the name (call it White Pesto for instance) and communicate on the gold/silver Mundorf wire to link them ! Of course to be unique this wire is insulated with wool lamb of Kazasthan !

Try to make it sell in Aplle stores !

I manage business PC-FI and Mid-FI (under $1700) products selling.

This time, I'll release innovative active speakers that used Accuton mid-woofer, mid price AMT Tweeter, Full Mundorf Network and price is 1399.

Next I want to make DAC that used upper itemss.

Because of its price is under $800, it is impossible that all items iis used.

So I need to know about the priority.

Please reply~~~

So, how's business going?

Nick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.