I want to know that priority order of R2R, NOS, No Filter, Descrete for best DAC. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2016, 05:06 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default I want to know that priority order of R2R, NOS, No Filter, Descrete for best DAC.

I manage business PC-FI and Mid-FI (under $1700) products selling.

This time, I'll release innovative active speakers that used Accuton mid-woofer, mid price AMT Tweeter, Full Mundorf Network and price is 1399.

Next I want to make DAC that used upper itemss.

Because of its price is under $800, it is impossible that all items iis used.

So I need to know about the priority.

Please reply~~~
Old 30th April 2016, 05:45 AM   #2
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

It's all based on opinion. In other words, pick your own answer and you won't be any more wrong than anyone else.
Old 1st May 2016, 03:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Your question is much like asking which is the priority order, bipolar or mosfet transistors. There really is no consensus. It also matters whether you mean objectively or subjectively best. In addition, so much is depends on the implementation details applied. Objectively, sigma-delta will typically exhibit the lowest distortion, and brickwall digital reconstruction filtering most closely adheres to sampling theory. Subjectively, ten different people will likely express ten different preferences.
Old 1st May 2016, 05:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

It would also depends on your customer target , olders (like me !! ) would eventualy prefer a more analog /fleshy sound , that modern delta/sigma or R2R doesnt realy gives .

the priority : a large listening DAC session ;-) , and your ear would tell you what :-)

what about the amps ?? it also matter ;-)

Old 1st May 2016, 05:59 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Since this question is targeted at design advice for a commercial product, are you paying people for their help? Or are you expecting free consulting for your own profit?
Old 1st May 2016, 06:03 PM   #6
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

the question is a non sense.

The fleshy sound has Nothing to see with the r2r or sigm delta structure of the dac chip !

But both question and answer show a markett can exist and seller/Customer could meet each other ! Often business has Nothing to see with the competence of the managers or the Customers either.... That's why so much bad products as so much bad hifi ! But as far as the cudtomer is happy with it, it doesn't care finally....

Last edited by Eldam; 1st May 2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 1st May 2016, 06:10 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Since this question is targeted at design advice for a commercial product, are you paying people for their help? Or are you expecting free consulting for your own profit?
He will be not the first here ! Does anybody says Something about NCore500 thread or Soekris improvement made by customers of Diya and even elswhere ?!
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:40 AM   #8
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

I could give the OP an answer to his question, but it would cost him a lot of money and I would want to bind him into an NDA so he could not even mention my name or the fact that he knows so little about his own product range that he has to ask questions on a public DIY forum.
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:09 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I can make it gratis ! (but please don't mention my name also or say it's from DF96 )

Me think if you can putt a 100 usd Acuton upon a 700 USD Olive device : you should match 800 usd !

Just rebrand the name (call it White Pesto for instance) and communicate on the gold/silver Mundorf wire to link them ! Of course to be unique this wire is insulated with wool lamb of Kazasthan !

Try to make it sell in Aplle stores !
Old 4th May 2016, 01:34 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Looks like you asked the same question here - I want to know that priority order of R2R, NOS, No Filter, Descrete for best DAC.

No follow up in either of the threads.

Hide this!Advertise here!