Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you exchange the filter settings and volume on the control knob?

Yeah, I can change them but there is no audible difference what so ever.. :confused:

J10 + J11 no sound
J2 + J3 + J4 sounds ok, but offline only

Is there any chance that the board is on mute when J10 and J11 are closed? Should I have some kind of volume potentiometer soldered somewhere? Is the 20 pin flat cable connection enough between the boards?

Hi everyone,

I am interested in building this DAC, my current DAC is a weiliang board with AK4393 chip and I love the sound. I have tried a couple of DACs based on ESS chips and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the sonic signaure of AKM chips.

I also see a built unit sold on fleabay with dual AK4497 and basing on the pics I think it's using the same board originally posted here. see link:
NEW HIFI AK4497 DAC DSD decoder supports 384K DSD256 XMOS display sampling | eBay

My question is; I want to diy this board but seeing this built unit being sold for $360 in a nice case and free shipping also, what would be the advantage of doing it myself?

Thanks and regards,
Anton

Finally I completed this DAC(Dual AK4495) with Amanero, sounds really good. However there is one thing kind bother me, that's the pops when start/stop playing on Foobar2000. not very loud, not when go track to track, just start/stop.

I connect pin11 (mute) on both boards

Anyone has the same problem?

Hi everyone,

I am interested in building this DAC, my current DAC is a weiliang board with AK4393 chip and I love the sound. I have tried a couple of DACs based on ESS chips and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer the sonic signaure of AKM chips.

I also see a built unit sold on fleabay with dual AK4497 and basing on the pics I think it's using the same board originally posted here. see link:
NEW HIFI AK4497 DAC DSD decoder supports 384K DSD256 XMOS display sampling | eBay

My question is; I want to diy this board but seeing this built unit being sold for $360 in a nice case and free shipping also, what would be the advantage of doing it myself?

Thanks and regards,
Anton

I have missed your post at the time... If still of interest I have that DAC and I have found it for a bit better price. I am very satisfied with the dac. Especially since I have upgraded opamps to Burson

I have missed your post at the time... If still of interest I have that DAC and I have found it for a bit better price. I am very satisfied with the dac. Especially since I have upgraded opamps to Burson

Hi Bassivus! I decided to go with the dual AK4495 completely built dac from Ustars. Found this also cheaper in Taobao. Am very satisfied with the sound, compared to my older AK based dac it is definitely a noticeable upgrade. Thanks.

Finally I completed this DAC(Dual AK4495) with Amanero, sounds really good. However there is one thing kind bother me, that's the pops when start/stop playing on Foobar2000. not very loud, not when go track to track, just start/stop.

I connect pin11 (mute) on both boards

Anyone has the same problem?

I also experience this "clicks" when changing albums in foobar2000.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.