Dual mono AK4495S with AK4137 and MCU/LCD DAC kit for $160

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In yours data best impulse response have slow and sharp roll..

I use JLSounds AK4490..
I can't decide between sharp and slow short delayed..

They match quite well with the images of similar filters and information from AKM that is included in this page

https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2014/12/07/akm-verita-4490-dac/

I would imagine that the filters are pretty much the same in the AK4495 as the AK4490.

The difference between the sharp and short sharp seems to be linear phase with lesser ringing pre and post for the sharp and minimum phase for the short sharp with no pre ringing but quite a lot more post ringing.

If I was able to subtract the ringing from the ADC of the Scarlett I think they would be identical to those in the linked page.

Archimago did some blind research into liner phase vs minimum phase reconstruction filters, the only outcome from that was that it could depend on the source material and whether listening via speakers or headphones as to who preferred linear vs minimum phase.

That might explain why you go backwards and forwards between the two sharp filters.

Hello everybody,

how does this dual AK4495SEQ board look to you?

TB2V08cjFXXXXb_XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!133416257.jpg

If I understand correctly (on G translation) it is dedicated for theirs digital player but it can be purchased separetely...

https://world.taobao.com/item/526149211498.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.ymy2HL#detail

Hi I had a look at the advert and it seems the dac board requires I2C commands (ie the firmware on the transport board) to run as the board runs in software mode

Yes I'm afraid that you are right. I was glad to see a nice layout with the possibility to feed external power without messing too much with the board that I completely overlooked that the board doesn't have no chip other than two dac chips and no crystal ether...:rolleyes:

Yes I'm afraid that you are right. I was glad to see a nice layout with the possibility to feed external power without messing too much with the board that I completely overlooked that the board doesn't have no chip other than two dac chips and no crystal ether...:rolleyes:

You could probably use it with the AK4118 based board that has been mentioned in this thread. It has the i2c controller on board. The Dual 4495 board I have doesn't have a crystal onboard either, clocking is done on the input board and supplied via the i2S connector.

You could probably use it with the AK4118 based board that has been mentioned in this thread. It has the i2c controller on board. The Dual 4495 board I have doesn't have a crystal onboard either, clocking is done on the input board and supplied via the i2S connector.

I guess it could work, but since there is no real support from the Chinese suppliers, if it doesn't work I would be stucked...

You could also use an Arduino to control the board. It's not particularly difficult, I've done some code for controlling a dual mono AK4490. I believe that controlling the 4495 is very similar.

But you will have to get involved in Arduino stuff.

Yeah, I could do that. I even have a friend who is expert in programming, he could do me a favor :). But I can't help on asking myself would it be worth it, including Arduino, Raspberry - reclocking all all the stuff for good sound, OR I could just buy a Red Core 400 Player with this dac included... :scratch2:

I guess it could work, but since there is no real support from the Chinese suppliers, if it doesn't work I would be stucked...

Yeah, I could do that. I even have a friend who is expert in programming, he could do me a favor :). But I can't help on asking myself would it be worth it, including Arduino, Raspberry - reclocking all all the stuff for good sound, OR I could just buy a Red Core 400 Player with this dac included... :scratch2:

I bought MANY DIY DACs(>5 units) from China over the years ALL of them worked well.

How is the connection to the usb controller?

LdxUvy5

I have this board with xmos, but how is the connection for two D/A converters? it's possible?

Is it possible, for example, to connect a D/A converter and A/D converter on this same board? Ex: AK4490 + AK5385.

Or do I need a specific configuration for this?

Thank you r8833,
Do you have the AK4495 ? with USB ?

Best, Mark

Yes I have ustars Dual ak4495/ USB ..I paid around $190usd including shipping
to Canada. I use "superbuy.com" as the shopping agent. i have bought 3-4 chinese ak4495 and 4490 dacs in the past 2 years and the Ustars dual 4495 is the best sounding ... very 3D sound with vocal and wide soundstage ..I upsample to DSD128 using Jriver or daphile software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.