Dac ES9018 board ...some doubts!!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2016, 06:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Dac ES9018 board ...some doubts!!!

Hi guys,
This DAC Yj es9018 scheda di decodifica dual AC12V 0 12V senza es9018 ic in 1.6mm strato spesso usando pwb su due lati, spessore di rame delle 2.0 oz, hasl intero processo per assicurare che la da Altri prodotti elettronici di consumo su AliExpress.com | Grup is sold without the IC ES9018, you have to buy it separately. ..., I can put on it a ES9018K2M? ....... The seller says "i think it is ok, K2M is only different version" .... I really have some doubts, .... you say about ...
Old 16th February 2016, 08:32 AM   #2
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
diyAudio Member

I would not buy anything where the seller doesn't know about chip compatibility. I would stay away from those no-name chinese DAC's anyway, especially at that price. Nothing good to expect.
Scusa...
Old 16th February 2016, 08:06 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx View Post
I would not buy anything where the seller doesn't know about chip compatibility. I would stay away from those no-name chinese DAC's anyway, especially at that price. Nothing good to expect.
Scusa...
Thanks for your advice. but I want to try a dac with ES9018 possibly not expensive, wait to try more ....
Old 17th February 2016, 12:08 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Nice comment of someone that has probably never tried a Chinese DAC before.

I own a couple of Chinese DACS myself and I just started a ES9018 DIY project today and I've heard a very good ES9018 DAC from a no name Chinese brand here and these things are not bad at all for their prices.

SMSL en Aune are the more established brands that produce really high class gear for low prices. Take the SMSL M8 or the Aune S16.. Brilliant devices in their price range.
Then you have a ton of other Chinese brands that are not as famous but really produce good stuff. Jay's audio is one of these, X-Melodious is quite alright too. Jemmy Audio is not bad etc etc. L.K.S Audio really offers great DACS and DIY kits for it.

I agree with Stixx that a DAC like shown above is probably poop anyway. If the maker is already trying to save a couple of yuan on proper gold plated plugs for long term use, then you know he is saving on a lot of other parts regarding quality too. These boards are mostly made to impress buyers with some high end parts or 'well known' parts, but when you look closer you see a lot of inferior or even fake stuff.

So what I'm trying to say is.. There is tons of good out there.. just be rational about it.. Contact the seller ask about the products and use your brain..

Last edited by Cidious; 17th February 2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 17th February 2016, 04:15 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Good posting Cidious!
It sure was not my intention to start a universal bashing of chinese products. I know there are many manufacturers with a reputation like Aune etc. although I haven't even heard of some of the other names
I intentionally said 'at that price', because those 'copy and paste' designs made to appeal professional (must have op amps!) cannot be any good.
So I am with you... better have a look around and compare, and most likely spend some more cash.

Btw. Is Valab chinese? I had one of their DAC's years ago, and I sold it after 2 months.
Old 17th February 2016, 06:03 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

We are on the same page I guess. And no I don't know about this brand..

And yeah opamps are not preferable.. most chinese designs are including opamps. The one I'm building now too. It doesn't mean they are total **** but it could be better. I've been told Schiit's higher end models are non opamp based..
Old 17th February 2016, 08:05 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprivitera1 View Post
Hi guys,
This DAC Yj es9018 scheda di decodifica dual AC12V 0 12V senza es9018 ic in 1.6mm strato spesso usando pwb su due lati, spessore di rame delle 2.0 oz, hasl intero processo per assicurare che la da Altri prodotti elettronici di consumo su AliExpress.com | Grup is sold without the IC ES9018, you have to buy it separately. ..., I can put on it a ES9018K2M? ....... The seller says "i think it is ok, K2M is only different version" .... I really have some doubts, .... you say about ...
No you can't, except you do a lot modifications, because es9018k2m chip is much smaller, have only 2 channels, have different layout, and power supply requirement. Please read manuals and you see differences.
Old 17th February 2016, 10:53 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

.. True, he tells Megaman, I can not put es9018K2m. True Chinese manufacturers are now 80% hifi .... but if I wanted to listen to a es9018 without spending much money, type € 80-100 € you can not find something acceptable?
Old 18th February 2016, 09:05 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Cidious gave a range of examples, though most are built units.
There is one DIY kit that could be worth exploring --> L.K.S. Audio.

LKS Audio ES9018 Single Chip Stereo DAC-Kit für DIYer - Professional Audio Shop - Shenzhenaudio.com

or contact them directly --> Musound(L.K.S Audio)

Otherwise go for another DAC chip
Old 18th February 2016, 12:10 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I am building a L.K.S now. Just started yesterday so I can't say anything about the result but the quality is very nice.

[DIY] L.K.S ES9018 DAC

The DAC that is shown here above is higher grade than the one I'm building but it was to big for me. They have a really nice case with it that fits two transformers.

Mine is cheaper and a bit smaller. I do have balanced outputs unlike their website is is showing (they show an older version).

L.K.S is a good company. Very good service and friendly contact persons. Contact them if you are interested.

Hide this!Advertise here!