CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard

I'm powering the BT module separately from the Headphone amp - both running from batteries. Amd I'm using the F-3188 V2.0 with breakout board (just has power-on enable and caps, nothing else).

Only connections between the two are the 4 audio lines. I do have some audio isolation transformers somewhere, and will try those as a last resort. It should be noted that when headphone speakers are connected directly to the module, I hear very little noise, perhaps only when powering up/down (acceptable). But as the volume isn't that high, it is hard to tell whether there really is any background 'bleeps'.

I'll try the 'low power codec' thing now, and post my results for you

Just posting that the issue I had with beeps and noise is no longer an issue. Using a MAX9722B (built-in resistors on the negative inputs) with differential connection between the bluetooth module and chip there is no noise on the output. Turns out I forgot to populate the external resistors for the positive inputs..

So for all those with bleeps/static/noise in the background, heard between tracks or on quiet passages on a track - use differential connections to get the audio off the board. If it needs amplifying, use a *decent* differential-to-single ended converter, or if its or driving headphones, a headphone amp with differential inputs.

It also helps to power the headphone amp separately from the bluetooth module (some chinese BT modules have an on-board DC-DC isolator) but this shouldn't be a problem if your headphone amp has a high PSRR (max9722 has roughly -80dB).

I was beginning to think it was the 'cheapness' of the module - the board layout, poor power supply decoupling, poor antenna matching etc.. but it really is very low noise and the range is surprisingly good considering there is no real impedance matching for the onboard antenna,. So the F-3188 is a definitely a winner once you account for everything.

I'm waiting on a new CSRA64215 module and CSR-SPI programmer to test that one out, and post my results.

I'd verified that the CSR Configuration Tool 3.0.70 is working out of the box while keeping the licenses in place. (No more broken modules and/or missing APT-X licences)

So changing and writing/flashing the settings back to the module works.

DL here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtvg8g7qnk08pju/CSR86XX ConfigurationTool-3.0.70.zip?dl=0

I changed nearly all settings and never bricked the module. Of course it is still advised to dump the settings with PSTools first.

Ok,with a second CSRA64215 module (labelled BTM625 v1.0) its the same deal, but slightly different. Again, no analogue out at all,only I2S, but this time its set for 48kHz sample rate, rather than 44.1. I am unsure if this is down to what media is being played or if its a setting in config (suspecting its the config).

Has anyone managed to configure a CSRA64215? If the analogue out is permanently disabled on these I won't waste my money on an official CSR-SPI dongle.

Hi !
Does anybody know how get a bricked CSRA64215 back alive (with merging an original psTool-psr-dump) ? - I changed the power-on-button timing which bricked it.
Neither psTools nor csra64xxxConfig recognize it. So i cannot write the original dump. --
How do you usually get other bricked modules (eg 8645 / 8635 ) back alive by merging ps-dumps??

(Before it got bricked ps-tools, csra64xxx-ConfigTool and MusicManager/DSP worked without many glitches).

Could anybody give me a hint how to get csr8635/45 show up as a sound card in Usb Audio Mode?
-
I connected V+ to Vchg, D+ to Usb_DP, D- to Usb_DN, V- to Gnd. It doesnt show up on MAC or Win as a sound output option. - Anybody got it to work an a MAC ?

(- And: What is the difference to Audio Wired Mode? )

Thanks ;

Hello, a complete newbie here :)
I've bought chinese board with CSR8645 soldered to it.
There is an auxillary output, a mic input, nicely organised connectors plus some logic to let auxillary passthrough while there is no bluetooth playback, also it accepts power in range from ~10V to ~30V.
Is there a way to use bluetooth serial port to configure 8645? As for the starting point I want to change its bluetooth name.
I don't have any soldering skills and any flashing/connection boards. SPI/FTDI/I2C, all those things are a complete new world to me. However I can code in C/C++, Python and not scared with possibility of some console/command promt action.
I've already acquired BlueSuite 2.5 and CSR86XX ROM config tools and willing to learn, thanks in advance x)
P.S. There is an image in attachment for understanding what kind of board I've got.

Attachments

• CSR8645-CSR-4-0-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-Music-APT-X-Stereo-Wireless-Board-DIY.jpg
    CSR8645-CSR-4-0-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-Music-APT-X-Stereo-Wireless-Board-DIY.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 930
Hello, a complete newbie here :)
I've bought chinese board with CSR8645 soldered to it.
There is an auxillary output, a mic input, nicely organised connectors plus some logic to let auxillary passthrough while there is no bluetooth playback, also it accepts power in range from ~10V to ~30V.
Is there a way to use bluetooth serial port to configure 8645? As for the starting point I want to change its bluetooth name.
I don't have any soldering skills and any flashing/connection boards. SPI/FTDI/I2C, all those things are a complete new world to me. However I can code in C/C++, Python and not scared with possibility of some console/command promt action.
I've already acquired BlueSuite 2.5 and CSR86XX ROM config tools and willing to learn, thanks in advance x)
P.S. There is an image in attachment for understanding what kind of board I've got.
HI, if you want to screw around with settings you must have programator (like that one in my post above) or hack Ftdi board but this burned 2 my 8645

Streaming from USB stick via bluetooth

Hello,
Trying to find a solution to stream mp3 from USB stick to an external audiosystem, e.g. car media, Bluetooth speaker or wireless headphones. Wonder if CSR8645 is the chip which can do that? All threads I read so far were about using the chip as Bluetooth receiver. Can it read from USB and stream?

Thanks

Thanks slavj. I sorted the problem a while after my post but couldn't find a delete or edit post option. Actually POWER_EN must not be connected permanently as it doesn't pair that way. CSR8645 must be powered up first and then get POWER_EN.

Thanks rosak and slavj your comments helped me out.

Interestingly on my module v2.0 F-3188 I had to do like slavj suggested. And it has no issues pairing. If i disconnect POWER_EN it will drop connection. I paired another device too and did not have to power down, re-pair or reset module.

A bit strange behaviour and not sure if it's supposed to be like this.. but I can live with it. I hooked it up to a small differential->single end board (found on Ali) and it outputs L/G/R to my amp.

Hi, everyone!

I am new in diy audio, sorry for my questions and my English :)

So, I have a chip csr8645 (F-3188). I build power system and line out like in this case - CSR8635 - ElectroDragon

Everything works great, leds works, connection works, line out works, sound very clear too, but I have some issue. On my chip "sleep mode" is ON. When music stop playing, after few seconds module go to sleep, and then this is happening, I hear terrible click on my speakers.

First time, I think about bad power system. I tried different power options, but it is not fix my problem.

I think all problem with "sleep mode", Am I correct?
And how switch off this mode? Only with programming board (SPI - USB)? or may be you know different ways fix this problem?

Thanks for your help! :)

Do you know any source for small 8675 modules?
Hi doctormord, well it's been over a year since you asked about the availability of these bluetooth chips. I now see them on AliExpress:
CSR8675 module - 12 Euros
BTM875 B / CSR8675 Stereo Bluetooth Audio Module Module SPDIF Fiber I2S / aptx hd-in Replacement Parts from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

CSR8675 development board - 26 Euros
CSR8675 development board dedicated core switching board (including development information/ADK4.2)-in FM Transmitters from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I know that your aim is I2S output, but I see that one of the output options of the CSR8675 chip is s/pdif, and this would be useful for those of us who have multiple inputs on our DAC's, and the I2S input is already occupied by some other source!

Hi,

I just started playing with csr8645 (F-3188). It looks like the sleep mode is going to be annoying, it appears if unconnected it will eventually require the EN "button" to be clicked to wake it up.

Regarding this input, I also had the same issue on power on, it was hit and miss whether the unit would immediately standby. To resolve I stuck a 15k resistor from EN to gnd (along with the 10k from +Ve to EN) to give about 1.9v at the input (I use 3.3v) and then a 33uF from EN to GND. This works.

Regards,

Andrew

Last edited: