CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard

Ok..it's look like power off the analog amp on module.
Like module cut the power of analog track (dac,preamp??) when is not used..
You have to connect this module to pc (uart or spi) and use configurarion tools to find pskey to keep dac codec enable all the time or do not power off when codec is not use analog section.
You have all documentation inside folder of this tool.
Or setup some gpio to indicate codec enable and add mute module ( one or two transistors) and ground signal output when codec not used..
About led or gpio setup.
The best way is make dump from module setup of pskey to file, change something using this tool, write changes to file ( do not write to module!!!), campare old and new setings ( pskey file) and add new parameters on old file.
Configurator tool can brick your module,when you write incorrect pskey to module.Make backup all the time of old settings.

I have this one
This is csr spi programmer.
Some tools needed only scr programmer (pid of usb), so i use this one.

1532251909391.jpeg

Hi, guys. I have CSRA64215 board with PCM5102 onboard. I tried to re-program the module with ftdi chip. I have stuck with board in program mode or similar. When I connected spi pins it went to weird mode when 2 leds flash slowly. When I disconnected the ftdi board its leds still flash the same. How do I reset it back to normal mode when leds blink fast in turns? Is firmware needs to be updated?

Hello,

I'm interested with these boad too. I would like to add bluetooth connectivity to a vintage car stereo.

So I need analog output and mic input for HFP and 12VDC supply if possible. Are there any good quality and ready to use csr based board available that could meet my requirements ?

I would like to automatically ground a pin of the head unit when a phone call is started (mute pin) I found that there is a PSKEY labelled "Call Active" for CSR8670 : so when a phone call is started the board could change a PIO state. Do you think this could work without updating the firmware ? Is it possible to operate a relay with PIO ?

Thank you for your help.

Scr chip has rom, so upload firmware is not possible.
Only some models of chip has flash to load new firmware.
All settings are locked in rom and any changes are avaible only in pskey.
Better is using wt32i or wt32 if you like to made control something using gpio.
But for that you need some uc to comunicate to bt,or write own firmware.
Low cost chip do not guarantie functions what you need.

"
The CSR8645 chipset is a Stereo ROM solution with Qualcomm[emoji768] aptX[emoji769] codec technology...."

Last edited:
Hi,
I successfully integrate a CSR8645 into my old sennheiser headset (originally with FM transmitter).
I 've got little interferences due to the BT signal and the microphone, I probably have to isolate the microphone from BT waves otherwise the result is very good ! The sound of this module includind the microphone is really nice.
On my module (this one) I've got a "mute" key that doesn't do anything (probably a bad configuration of the firmware I suppose ?)

But my main question is this one : is there a way to allocate a GPIO/ a button to iphone siri thanks to PStools and config tool ?

Thanks for your advices !

I have been trying to determine the pinout on this particular 8635 module but cannot seem to find a diagram anywhere. I have had success renaming many other CSR modules but cant crack this one which is integrated into a 3116 amp so I can't replace it. At the bottom of the pic you can see what I assume to be leads for the CSB, MISO, MOSI, CLK, SPI pins but that doesn't really get me anywhere. Please help, thanks!

Attachments

• 8635.JPG
    8635.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 385