Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard
CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / Baseboard
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st December 2017, 05:27 AM   #281
Allary is offline Allary
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarthcd View Post
I've attached the document I got with my module which is, I believe, just a breakout board for the CSR64215 module.

I'm not sure about MCLCK, but the others are as follows:

DATA -> MISO (pin 11)
BCK -> CLK (pin 9)
LRCK -> CSB (pin 10)

Also SPI_PCM (pin 7) has to be connected to GND to enable I2S.

The PCM5102 DAC uses BCK to derive its internal clocks.

Chris

Hello!
I have a qwestion about this boar.
I have one, but cant start it. When power is applied to the VBAT and GND, the led is constantly lit and nothing happens. Connect button common wire to pin 1V8 and signal wires to pins P/V, N/V+, PLY, TWS. And again, nothing, the led is continuously lit, the buttons are pressed there is no reaction. Maybe I missed something and did not connect? how to make a cost to go into pairing mode? Thanks in advance for the answer.
Old 29th December 2017, 02:29 PM   #282
rodrirochad is offline rodrirochad
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedcode View Post
If you have that exact module, with the carrier board - the board has a small POR circuit, that pulls the 'PWR_EN' line high a few ms after applying power. Its actually just a 10k pull up (to VBATT) with an NPN thats turned on for about 5ms, then released. This means you can add a button from PWR_EN, to GND and turn the module on/off with a single press.

It iwll power on when first plugged in, but the power off looks for a rising edge on PWR_EN, that means pressing the button doesn't do it, but then releasing it does.
Hi! I have read almost all the 29 pages and this is the most interesting part for me at the moment. Thanks for all useful information you have been sharing here.

My problem is that I want to add a push button to turn on/off the board, but I have not managed to do that yet. I have the F-3188 module attached to a board with amplifier. Exactly as this:

Click the image to open in full size.

I have tried what Buriedcode recommended and I can turn off the module pressing the button from PWR_EN to GND, but when the button is released it turns on again.

Do you have any clue of what I am doing wrong or what should I do to be able to add this on/off button?

Thanks!
Old 1st January 2018, 01:57 PM   #283
silelis is offline silelis
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I want to use this module but want to drive it with uart. Unless I can not find uart commands. I suppose it is some AT variation but there is no sutch information on the internet. Do you have sutch kind of datasheet? I meanwith CSR86xx AT commands?
Old 13th March 2018, 03:15 PM   #284
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

The Module don't support UART with almost all available firmwares and the UART isn't connected on the F-3188 modules at all.
Old 23rd March 2018, 08:07 PM   #285
silelis is offline silelis
diyAudio Member

Hello,

After some careless device writing I have bricked my F-3188 module (CSR8645).

Now in Blue Core when I want to marge dumped config it is responding like on this image:

I have also erasef flash but unfortunately because my email is on GMAIL I can not download firmware from CSR support site.

So I have quiestion to You.

maybe some of You have dumped firmware. So I will use them to flash CSR8645 once again? Or do You know better sollution to debrick it?

Last edited by silelis; 23rd March 2018 at 08:21 PM.
Old 5th April 2018, 02:57 PM   #286
bradholland is offline bradholland  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

hey there, any chance of getting the kicad symbol and footprint library for the CSR8645 module please?
Old 21st June 2018, 11:37 PM   #287
eddperks is offline eddperks  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Has anybody had any luck stopping the pop on the I2S output after a few seconds of no audio being streamed to the module? I'm working with the CSRA64215 and i'm getting nowhere.
Old 28th June 2018, 04:33 AM   #288
dspswede is offline dspswede  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Yes.

I will upload it shortly to github.

More info once done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradholland View Post
hey there, any chance of getting the kicad symbol and footprint library for the CSR8645 module please?
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:41 AM   #289
doctormord is offline doctormord  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddperks View Post
Has anybody had any luck stopping the pop on the I2S output after a few seconds of no audio being streamed to the module? I'm working with the CSRA64215 and i'm getting nowhere.
I'd make use of a gpio connected via open-collector to the mute-input of the amp. The pop occurs, when the CSR is dasabling it output stage, which will result in discharging the coupling caps.
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:27 AM   #290
eddperks is offline eddperks  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormord View Post
I'd make use of a gpio connected via open-collector to the mute-input of the amp. The pop occurs, when the CSR is dasabling it output stage, which will result in discharging the coupling caps.
That's a good idea, I'll have an experiment tonight. It isn't the coupling caps causing the issue because all outgoing audio is on an I2S bus to a DSP chip in my application. I was hoping that using I2S would prevent issues like this...

It leaves me with three options:
1. find a firmware parameter that prevents the noise
2. implement a GPIO mute system that mutes the chip before the noise occurs
3. implement a level detect mute in my DSP that cuts the I2S a few seconds after music has stopped (the pop on the bus happens after around 15 seconds of no music being streamed)

CSR8645 Bluetooth 4.0 AAC APT-X Module / BaseboardHide this!Advertise here!